Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > What battlefields will you be visiting this spring & summer?

What battlefields will you be visiting this spring & summer? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 28th, 2006 03:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
TimHoffman01

Mana: 

Speaking of growth,  I'm off tomorrow to take the kids to visit their grandparents in Fredericksburg.  We'll undoubtedly spend some time on one of the area's fields.  Perhaps Chancellorsville this time.  Andrew has taken quite a liking to Thomas Jackson, thanks to a local impersonator and Gods & Generals.  I've been promising him we'll stop by Guinea Station on the way up but we haven't had the time (or weather) until now to do so.  I'll have to see if I can get any decent pictures.  He's about the age I was when I first really started getting interested.  Here's hoping....

You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sun May 14th, 2006 01:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
LTBunten

Mana: 

Hi All!!

I recently returned from a trip to West Virginia to celebrate my 40th birthday. The trip included stops at West Virginia Wesleyan College (their library contains personal papers of my g-g-grandfather, LT Bunten), West Virginia State Wildlife Center in French Creek (Bunten's hometown), Carnifex Ferry Battlefield State Park (we stayed in a cabin within walking distance), and Post Chapel Cemetery in Crawford (final resting place of many relatives including LT Bunten). It was an enjoyable trip, and the weather was excellent. If you would like to see some pics check out this link  http://photos.yahoo.com/firstbase31  and click on the West Virginia photo album. Hope all are well!!!

Paula

Posted: Wed Jun 14th, 2006 11:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
44th Post
rrhrjs

Mana: 

Hi everybody,

This spring we visited Manassas, Kennesaw Mountain and also saw Lee's burial site and Stonewall's grave.  Our greatest feat was locating Longstreet's grave as it was getting dark and with absolutely no idea of where it might be. My friends think I'm crazy, but my husband and I likely will revisit Gettysburg for our 20th wedding anniversary this year, and I hope to also see South Mountain and the medical museum in Frederick (I think) MD. Finally, we will travel to Maine to see Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's house.

In Connecticut, we don't have a heck of a lot of sites to see, but Sedgewick's grave is on the west side of the state and is a nice stop. In the northeast corner, we have Nathaniel Lyon's grave. If anyone is ever up here, please feel free me to email me for directions to Lyon's grave ... it is quite rundown but still worth visiting.

Regards to all, Rhonda 

You have chosen to ignore indy19th. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Jun 16th, 2006 01:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
rrhrjs

Mana: 

Indy, thanks so much for sending that along! Actually, that flag pole in the picture was my clue. It's a neat site; a cupful of cigars are in front of the grave. (Stonewall had a few lemons tossed inside the rail, which gave me a chuckle). Have a nice evening, Rhonda

Current time is 08:09 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > What battlefields will you be visiting this spring & summer?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1491 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 27 queries executed.