Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 23rd, 2006 08:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
61st Post
Shadowrebel

Mana: 

Ulysses,

Thank you for you insightful comments. I guess I will never understand why people can not sperate history from abuse of history as you, others here, and myself can. I have done some research into Klan philosophy and find they change depending on the agruement they need to present, which makes it hard to judge what they really stand for except hatred.

To me anything they use to further their racist agendas is a symbol of racism. Until we get more backbone and pass laws to stop their abuses we will always be having debates like this. I am glad to see you say that they are making it a symbol of racism instead of just because of the slavery issues. You are quite open minded and a clear thinker. I guess people like us that enjoy history will have to suffer with the abusers of history and just have lively debate.

Sincerely

Shadowrebel

You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Current time is 01:30 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Is the Confederate Flag a symbol of racism?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2885 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 27 queries executed.