Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Civil War's 150th getting the short end of the stick?

Civil War's 150th getting the short end of the stick? - General Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore Savez. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2012 08:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
BHR62

Mana: 

That is true they at least made an attempt by showing Gettysburg on H2.  I would love to see a Private Ryan or Band of Brothers type of thing on the Civil War.  I guess I just want too much.

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2012 08:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
BHR62

Mana: 

csamillerp wrote: i DO agree that the history channel sucks, what happened to all the documentaries? up until a few years ago the history channel ran a few civil war series every year around july but then they started pawn stars ice road truckers and american pickers, which are all decent shows but have nothing to do with history. remember when TLC was THE LEARNING CHANNEL? then came trading spaces. There are 900 channels that play to the masses why can't the history channel stay out of it and play things for the small percentage of people like us that enjoy learning about history?
They used to have the Civil War Journal (30 min or 1hr show) on in the mornings it seemed like year around.  Did they run out of things to do with it?  I mean hell....just start picking out the regiments and do their histories....that right there should take about a decade to cover.

Current time is 10:28 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > General Civil War Talk > Civil War's 150th getting the short end of the stick?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2023 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 28 queries executed.