Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

How to use the "quote" button? - Tips and tricks about the new board - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 11:50 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Widow

Mana: 

Hello, Joe,

Can you tell me, please, how to use the "quote" button?  I've seen a few posts with a box containing a quote from an earlier entry.  I'd like to know how to use that feature.

I'm still gettin' the hang of this Internet thingie, and how to move around in this discussion board.

Thx, Patty

Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 12:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Can you tell me, please, how to use the "quote" button?  I've seen a few posts with a box containing a quote from an earlier entry.  I'd like to know how to use that feature.

Patty,

First, find the section of whatever post you want to quote. Highlight the section, click your right mouse button, and use the 'copy" command. Then "paste" it into your post. Highlight it again, the click the quote function at the top of the reply box toolbar (the button with two quote marks) That should put the box around it.

BTW, I'm told that if you're using Firefox, the copy/paste function may not work. The developers of the board are supposed to be working on that.

I'me not crazy about the quote function myself, and I've actually just started pasting the section I'm replying to and making it a different color or bolding it to set it apart from my reply. Hope his makes sense. If not let me know and I'll try again ;)

Posted: Thu Nov 9th, 2006 01:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Widow

Mana: 

Hope his makes sense
Joe, Thanks very much.  Yes, your instructions make sense.  It took me three tries to spot the quote button on the toolbar.  But now I get it.

It's easy and convenient.  Patty

Last edited on Thu Nov 9th, 2006 01:12 pm by Widow

Current time is 07:41 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1350 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 25 queries executed.