Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

new with questions - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jan 20th, 2008 03:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
CTmom

Mana: 

Hi-

I just found this baord while searching for information on how to sell my family's CW reenacting gear.  We have not been active in a few years and financial obligations
( like college tuition!)  demand that we turn some of our beloved CW stuff into cash. 

I don't know what the rules are here regarding sales.  I certainly don't want to break the rules by listing items for sale if the board does not permit it. 

Please advise!  If there are other options people could suggest, I'd love to hear them.  I know there's always Ebay, but I am guessing that there is a better way to reach the people who would really appreciate our non-farby goods. 

thank you-

CTmom

Posted: Mon Jan 21st, 2008 06:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Hello, CT Mom!

Could you post a list of the items that you wish to sell here?

I am sure this will be helpful to members like me, whom can forward the information along to others whom would likely be interested.

Thanks You.

Posted: Mon Jan 21st, 2008 09:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
CTmom

Mana: 

Sure, I can do that, as long as board moderators don't object. I'll have to make my list and get back to you. DH and I just had the big talk about our financial situation yesterday, so we haven't itemized our supplies yet.

thank you kindly-

CTmom

Posted: Mon Jan 21st, 2008 12:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board Ct. No objection to selling stuff here providing all members understand that CWi is in no way responsible for anything that may or may not go wrong in any transaction, and we do not vouuch for the validity of any description, etc. Other than that....have a ball!

Posted: Mon Jan 21st, 2008 08:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
CTmom

Mana: 

Great! I hope to post by the end of this week. We're former members of the 28th Mass Company K and Columbia's Daughters, FWIW. I'm pretty inept with technology, but I can probably get my husband to email photos to any serious shoppers.

Thanks again. You guys really make me miss the community!

You have chosen to ignore Cookie12NJCoD. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue Jan 29th, 2008 04:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
CTmom

Mana: 

My husband still has to go through his gear, but I have an idea of what we have available for ladies and kids. I have to find one more cache of boys clothing that we have tucked away, and then I'll share my list.

We had such wonderful times reenacting when the kids were small! It's bittersweet looking at the tiny boots and slat bonnets...

Posted: Tue Jan 29th, 2008 08:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
CTmom

Mana: 

We haven't figured out how to post photos yet, so if anyone knows an easy way to insert digital pictures here or elsewhere online, please let me know.

Here's what I have so far:

little boy's flat crowned straw hat with lining, stamped "JM Holbrook Atlanta Geo. inside, purchased originally in Gettysburg at Dirty Billy's hats. Should fit kids roughly age 3-8 years. My son wore it one season and it looks almost new. Asking $20

Ladies size small capelet- dark navy wool with black frog closures, lined in pale tan corduroy. Just a little thing to cover the shoulders; we also used it as a long cape on our little girl. $30

Ladies workdress. One piece, cotton, with hook and eye closures in front, tiny wine and blue flowers on cream background. About a modern size 8. $50

Ladies two piece workdress. Red and green plaid with small ruffle at collar and cuffs. Real antique jet buttons, green belt with red plaid "flower" at closure. Very comfortable cotton dress with lots of room for movement. Top is more blousey and less fitted. $60

toddler girl's slat bonnet. Tan/white plaid like new condition. $15

8 yards of gorgeous reproduction fabric. This is a lovely teal with a wavy line pattern on it. Stamped on the edge it says "dargate doubles" c. 1830 by Margo Krager for clothworks" I bought this to have a dress made, but never got around to it. I paid 7 or 8 dollars a yard for it, but will sell for $40.

I haven't gotten a look at that last bin of clothing yet, but will let you know when I find it.

Please let me know if anything is of interest to you.

many thanks-

CTmom

Posted: Fri Feb 1st, 2008 02:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
CTmom

Mana: 

Ok, I have the boys stuff here. I have four long sleeved, collared cotton shirts to fit the average 4-7 year old boy.
Off white
Red, white, blue plaid
tan/light brown pattern
dusty blue small pattern print with white leaves and vines

The plaid shirt is new looking; the others are in fair condition but a bit worn. I'll give the lot away for $50

Boys size 4-7 linen two piece suit- rich, chocolate brown, no collar, one button closure at neck. Pants are a bit worn at the cuff, but there is a generous hem and these could easily be mended. Waist 25" inseam 16" button fly. $40

White boys pants, all cotton waist 23" inseam 16". Generous 3" hem could be lowered. Button fly- some minor stains.

Please pm me if interested.

thank you!

Current time is 10:20 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3541 seconds (12% database + 88% PHP). 26 queries executed.