Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hey Y'All, Lookie! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 04:15 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Jest wanted to say, came on after a bit away, and noticed that a certain "Young Miss" had signed on!

That's my 15-year-old daughter!  Over 20,000 friends on MySpace (no exageration) and she decided to sign up. 

Oh-oh, bet I'm in trouble, now....

Welcome, Danna!

Last edited on Tue Feb 12th, 2008 04:17 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 04:20 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
YoungMiss

Mana: 

Oh, dear Lord. Go watch some NASCAR.

Hello, everyone. Pleased to e-meet you all.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 10:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Hey, Danna,

Great post. Best I've seen in months. I like you already. Welcome aboard.

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 03:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ole

Mana: 

Hey, Danna! Give the mom a shot upside the head with something that won't do too much damage. A cantalope sounds like a good choice.

ole

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 05:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Hey Young Miss! I have heard so much about you from Joanie. Your mama is my best e-friend so i hope we'll be pretty good friends to.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 06:01 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

hehe hang around here long enough and the old hands like Ole & I guarantee your corruption. See Ole, more young blood.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 06:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Danna .. good to meet you your mom is an original and thats all I have to say about that.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 06:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

they've already corrupted me and its only a matter of time til they corrupt you to. of course you'll be corrupted in a good way.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 07:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
YoungMiss

Mana: 

I'm looking forward to it.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 08:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Danna, would you please tell Mr. Ole that cantelope is out of season and we aren't going to spend money on out-of-season fruit just to bash someone in the head with it? Thank you.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 11:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

all I am thinking is if youngmiss is anything like her momma and usually the apple dosnt fall far from the tree we all could be in BIG trouble.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 11:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Pomegranate? Scratch that buy your mom a bottle of Pama; have her drink the whole thing then make video of it. Should be fun to sell on Ebay... hmmm who will out bid your mom? I see serious possibilities here. ;)

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:16 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

we need more people like Joanie and myself on here. I sure hope Young Miss is like her.

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
15th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Awwww, thank you, Dixie Girl!

Johann, you would endanger Young Miss's college fund??????

And cantelope, apples, pomegrates? Is this a fruit-themed thread? (Say that fast 5 times!)

Last edited on Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:37 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Joanie i think their trying to get rid of you.

i got news for yall though once ya get us there aint no way to get rid of us.

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

College fund? What's that? I worked two full times and a part to make it through. In retrospect I may have suffered a nervous breakdown for my trouble my Junior year. But it was worth it, every bone numbing bit of it. Heck my mom was making me pay rent that worked out to more than living in the dorms.

Pama & Chambourg were introduced to my better half... now I am no longer married to a cheap drunk.

To be serious and brutally honest alcohol is no longer really all that enjoyable to me. It's a cheaper alternative to pain killers. Self medication is not a reason for tieing one on. I would strongly suggets the young miss keep away from the evils of alcohol. Of course volunteered as a designated driver can be a LOT of fun; all sorts of blackmail material can be had.

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
18th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

You did college first, and then the military, if I've understood your posts? That is something to be quite proud of. Never knew a lot of people who did both, although many went into the military saying they were doing it to fund college...

Don't know what Pama and Chambourg are, at this point in my life, I don't feel compelled to find out, LOL!

Geez, I always thought pain-killers were a cheap altenative to alcohal, LOL! In serousness, I thank God for the insurance that paid for my pain meds and then the surgery and physical therapy that would let me get off them.

Thanks for that last paragraph, Johann. Remembering my own youth, I fear for every teenager alive today!

Despite having me for a mom, Young Miss seems to be an unusually sensible young woman.  Will wonders never cease?

Last edited on Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:34 pm by JoanieReb

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 05:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
20th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

I'm pretty proud that I went into GI life w/ only about $7k in college debt and I can still find my name among the "staff" at a private university. Showed up w/ an honors scholorship & $800 in my pocket. It was a private Catholic school, few complaints over the quality of my education. IMO I had some of the finest History profs, bar none. I took a couple classes at the UW and still preferred my regular profs.

Frat or Sorority party every weekend (I was paid security/ self defense instructor for one)w/ a LOT of liquor courage. How I'm not dead I don't know. But I know this; Frats & Sororities are no place for anyone wanting to learn anything except how to be social w/ a better than average chance of leaving w/ a "social disease."

As to not eating. Day old loaf of French Bread $.69, 2 litre of Dr Pepper $1.50. Tinned meat like substance $.95. $3 a day. All the coffee I could drink at work. Bought a pallet of Ramen first month of my Sophmore year... it took me most of ten years before I could even look at packet of Ramen again. Painting minis got me extra bill or liquor money. That kind of life... I never want to do it again but I wouldn't trade that experiance for the world.

Now Joanie; Pama is a Pomegranate liquor... very light and tasty. My wife loves it... $26 a bottle.

Chambourg is a raspberry cognac too sweet for my taste but again the wife loves it... $28 a bottle.

A couple MGD's used to do it for her... now she's "refined."

Current time is 12:45 pmPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4106 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 27 queries executed.