Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Another introduction - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 5th, 2008 07:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
fedreb

Mana: 

Thanks for the welcome Dixie, glad to be onboard

Posted: Thu Mar 6th, 2008 06:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

your welcome.

Posted: Thu Mar 6th, 2008 07:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Kernow-Ox

Mana: 

Fedreb - "Did you take in Appomattox Court House or the Museum of the Civil War Soldier at Pamplin, both good days out."

Sadly not. I'm slowly saving up for my next trip over, and both look worthwhile. I'd also aim to get out to Shiloh too.

I miss the Cornish coast up here in Oxford.

As for organisations, I joined the ACW Round Table in October and already attended some good lectures there.

Posted: Thu Mar 6th, 2008 11:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
ole

Mana: 

When you get your pence together, Kernow-Ox, let me know. I'd be more than happy to drive you there and watch you walk it. Have some good friends in Tennessee as well. Could make a real trip of it.

ole

Last edited on Thu Mar 6th, 2008 11:51 pm by ole

Posted: Fri Mar 7th, 2008 06:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
Kernow-Ox

Mana: 

Cheers ole. I'll be sure to remember this thread! Not sure when I'll be back out yet, alas.

Posted: Sat Mar 8th, 2008 12:16 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
Lincoln Fan

Mana: 

Welcome to both of you, Fedreb and Kernow-ox. I've been reading your comments with interest. We were also in the Shenandoah Valley last autumn to do Jackson's Valley Campaign and really liked all the historic sites as well as the wonderful scenery. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. While we were there, we attended the battle of Cedar Creek re-enactment, which prompts my question to you both. Do you have any re-enactment groups in the UK for the American Civil War? Do you have many groups for any other wars as you have had many in your long history?

Posted: Sat Mar 8th, 2008 05:39 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
fedreb

Mana: 

Lincoln Fan

Thanks for the welcome. Yes there are Civil war Re-enactors here. In my area we have a really active group called the Southern Skirmish Society who travel all over the UK.Unfortunately I find it hard to fit in the time to see much of them.

Here in Kent we have a show every year called War & Peace, supposedly the biggest re-enactment gathering in the world, held at the County Showground every August, where you can see all sorts of military groups and hardware from the Romans to the German Panzer Legions. It lasts only 4 days but you would need 2 weeks to see it all so you really have to plan your day to see the bits you want.

Current time is 02:20 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2283 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 25 queries executed.