Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hi, New here! - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 08:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
angelmae

Mana: 

As Im sure all of you are I am a huge history buff. I love anything history the clothes, the smells, the way people lived. It may sound crazy but sometimes I think I know the 1800s a little more than I should, like ......maybe I shouldnt say this..............but here it goes, I think I may have lived back then......................yeah I know, Im nuts. Anyway, I hope to meet alot of people who can relate to my obsession, or love for the time and learn new things.;)

Last edited on Mon Jul 14th, 2008 08:06 pm by angelmae

Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 09:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

Welcome from a fellow newbie! and who's to say you're nuts?
not me....I sometimes feel like my ancestors are right there beside me when I tour a battlefield they fought upon.

Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 10:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
izzy

Mana: 

I think my back and knees are from the 1800's.  The rest of me is here and now.

Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 11:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

+1 on that fo sho!

Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 11:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

i dont think your nuts. sometimes i get the feeling that i should have been born back then, i honestly think id fit in better than i do now.
has anyone ever told you that you look like Kate off of the tv show Lost?

Posted: Mon Jul 14th, 2008 11:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Crazy Delawares

Mana: 

Some of us think its FUN to wear 100% wool in 95* weather! You can't be anymore nuts than that!
Welcome aboard!

Posted: Thu Jul 17th, 2008 07:07 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Devils Den

Mana: 

Greetings Angelmae,

Welcome to the site-glad to have you with us!  I am sure you will find the people here to be most helpful with anything you need as they truly are some of the nicest people in the world.

I also have a special feeling for Gettysburg, as you could guess by my user name, and travel there often.  It is easily my favorite vacation spot.

Did you take in any of the "haunted" places or ghostwalks?  I am sure you would find a "heightened" sense of the past if you did!

Again-welcome and hope you enjoy the site as much as we will enjoy having you here.

Devils Den

Posted: Sun Jul 20th, 2008 06:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
angelmae

Mana: 

Hello DD, Unfortunately we didnt have the time I thought we would to be able to enjoy the ghost walks or "haunted" places. I cant wait to go back, I need at least a whole weekend to enjoy everything there is for us Gettysburg lovers. Thank you for the "welcome", I do enjoy being here!

Posted: Sun Jul 20th, 2008 07:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

angelmae wrote: Hello DD, Unfortunately we didnt have the time I thought we would to be able to enjoy the ghost walks or "haunted" places. I cant wait to go back, I need at least a whole weekend to enjoy everything there is for us Gettysburg lovers. Thank you for the "welcome", I do enjoy being here!yep! I had 1 1/2 days in Gettysburg and really only explored and photographed about 2/3 of it. I think a good 5 days would be more sufficient. I must say I will definitely pick sometime besides the anniversary week next time.....jeez traffic can be rough in that little town.))..

Posted: Mon Jul 21st, 2008 12:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

angelmae, welcome to the board! You'll like it here--great people!

For me, Gettysburg ranks high on my list--you say "Gettysburg," I say "When?" I've been there a couple dozen times in the last ten years, and I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon.

I like G-burg in the summer for realism: heat, humidity, mosquitoes. But the hordes of tourists AREN'T authentic! So my favorite time to go is, believe it or not, winter, as long as it's not too cold or snowing (tho I've been there in snow). At least then you get the battlefield almost to yourself, and the only others there are as nuts about the place as you and I!

I did a "haunted" tour years ago, didn't see any ghosts! I've been trying to get my camera to malfunction in the Triangular Field for years, and the darn thing always works. Maybe I'm not "spirited" enough!

Pam

Posted: Thu Jul 31st, 2008 09:50 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
gettysburgerrn

Mana: 

Welcome Angel - I think you'll find here many others with your same interests and enough to determine that 1 you are not crazy or 2.  a bunch of nice peopel are right there crazy with you (including myself)

Ken

Current time is 06:33 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3718 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 26 queries executed.