Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Gettysburg Paranormal - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2009 03:44 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

Pam,

Wow. You definately may want to help your daughter find a way to channel her gifts so they don't overwhelm her.  Have you ever seen a show on A&E called Psychic Kids?  See link...   http://www.aetv.com/psychic-kids/

You may want to contact them for some guidance.  I've seen some incredible things and how this "gift" can overwhelm young folks who have trouble dealing with them.  I hope she is strong. Good luck and keep us posted on how she handles things.  I'd love to see the pix.

Lorraine

Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2009 04:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
42nd Post
minuteman2

Mana: 

SunnyLady408:  It seems to me if your daughter's experiences are frightening her, perhaps you need to exclude her from these re-enacting events for awhile until she's older and can sort things out.  Exposing her to spirits of the dead could potentially cause further harm to her mentally and it's apparent it's causing her some confusion and fright.  I would seriously discontinue involving her as she may not be capable of coping with "her gift". 

Has she expressed any desire to not be involved? 

Posted: Mon Mar 9th, 2009 05:33 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
sunnylady408
Lady Reenactor

Mana: 

minuteman,

Christina loves going to reenactments. This is really the first time she saw the visions of the battle. She also said she had a sick feeling in her stomach. I am going to try and find someone to help her and I understand this. She told me Saturday morning that even though she felt this way she slept well better than the rest of us in fact. She did not hear the high winds or the rest of the group coming in during the early morning hours. In fact, all she can talk about is going to the event that is right after her birthday in May.

Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2009 12:21 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
44th Post
civilwar6165

Mana: 

Hey All....  Glad to see responses to my thread ..  Interesting pics Regina and minuteman2..  Just my thoughts on min2 pics, the pic of orb over rock i cant explain, doesnt appear to be dust or a smudge, the pic with what looks like an apperition in the trees looks like it might be composition problem, but not sure, lol.  Regina, havent been able to explain any of your pics, def strange... 

ShadowHunter, sorry i wasnt able to get back to you earlier but am still interested in getting a group together to go to gettysburg. You have other equipment???  I Only Use my Cameras and a small evp recorder.

I have been to gettysburg many times and have taken thousands of pics and only have had a few (maybe 10) that have come up with something. I will be posting the one thats really got me baffled soon, but it has to be blown up to see the figure, not altered, just blown up and am having trouple uploading it to this site in a viewable state. 

Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2009 01:33 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
45th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

Hey Civilwar6165 - I was beginning to think you fell through a dimensional portal or something ;)  I definately want to go to GB to do some investigating.  I am going on Good Friday with my husband and some friends to do our annual pre-season gear shopping and to get our favorite ice cream but we don't get to spend time on the battlefield that day.  I have a kII emf meter, a digital voice recorder, an IR Thermometer and my trusty camera.  I am interviewing with the SJPR on Saturday 4/18 so that day is out. (South Jersey Paranormal Research).  Let me know what days you think you can make it.  My 16 year old son would probably want to join us.

Lorraine

Posted: Tue Mar 10th, 2009 03:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

ShadowHunter wrote:  I am interviewing with the SJPR on Saturday 4/18 so that day is out.

Correction: I may be at Neshaminy the weekend of the 18th. I'm with SJPR on Saturday April 4th. 

Anyone else want to meet up in Gettysburg to do some investigating? Or just plain old enjoying the countryside...  What dates are good?

Posted: Mon Apr 13th, 2009 06:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
47th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

Well, I went to Gettysburg this past weekend and investigated a few places with my son and my friend Sharon.  Didn't get to review everything yet but I definately got some interesting EVP's. (Electronic Voice Phenomena-picking up voices electronically that were not physically heard at the time it happened).  We spent about an hour in the cellar of the old Orphanage on Taneytown Rd. near the Holiday Inn where we stayed.   It is supposed to be haunted by some orphanage children and the wicked mistress, Rosa.  Honestly I did not feel or hear anything unusual at the time but when listening to my digital voice recorder my son picked up two things. 

Question: What's your name?  Answer (little girls voice): Mmm   Mmmmmmmm

Question: How old are you? Answer (little girls voice): Seven  (this was very clear)

Once I figure out how to download the sound file I'll try to put it on.

Still need to review The Wheat Field, Devils Den, Spanglers Spring and Covered Bridge.

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2009 02:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
48th Post
CoryB
Buford Trooper

Mana: 

Sorry to add to this conversation exceptionally after the fact, but I too have an interest in the paranormal. Though I don't do it as a means of just "Ghost Hunting," but rather as a means of research. As a historian, I am always interested in primary sources. If the spirits of the actual participants of the battle can give us answers, then why not attempt to communicate with them?

Once at Gettysburg, near the base of Cemetery Hill I caught an EVP.

?: Did you fight for the Union?
A: Yes.... Ohio....

?: Can you tell me your name
A: Walter.....

?: Did you say "Walter"
A: YES!

But After a lot of research and a few more visits to the same area I haven't been able to confirm either from either sources nor "Walter" which Ohio units were at this specific location. However, my latest trip to this spot, in April of 2009, around midnight, I swear I saw a lantern with an open flame move through the woods for about a minute before it disappeared and there were no signs of any other tourists, especially that deep in the woods.

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2009 03:17 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
49th Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

CoryB - That is awesome!  So it seems when you were asking questions you actually physically heard his reply of WALTER when you asked his name which is why you asked him to confirm WALTER. 

I wanna go investigating with you one of these days!

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2009 03:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
50th Post
CoryB
Buford Trooper

Mana: 

Oh, my apologies. They were actually EVP recordings. I didn't hear anything with my own ear. I know it's not proper "practice" to stop a recording device and listen for playback during the investigation, but I opperate a little differently. I let the recorder record for about 30 seconds to a minute after I ask a question. I ask about five questions, then I listen to them quick to see if there is a response.

In this instance I was able to hear "Walter," or at least what I thought was Walter, which is what prompted me to ask "Did you say Walter?"

I know that this isn't a preferred technique and risks missing something, but it's just the way I do it. I think having a direct response to questions is more substantial evidence as opposed to a raondom EVP. Although I just got a K2 Meter, so maybe now I'll be able to just leave the Voice Recorder Running, while using the K2 to act as the conversation barrier.

I try to go to Gettysburg at least twice a year, so maybe one time we can try to get an Investigation going. How far from Gettysburg is Mullica Hill?

Posted: Thu Jul 16th, 2009 06:35 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
51st Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

No, makes perfect sense the way you did it.  While not efficient it certainly gives you the opportunity to get a feel for any activity.  The KII should definately help.  I have a bunch of neat "toys" I use when investigating all of which are used to help support any findings at a specific location and time.  I am about 2 hours from GB and was most recently there in April(?).  I would like to get out there again in the fall when it is nice and cool.  I hate heat and humidity.    Would be fun to get a bunch of folks together to do something like this.  Let stay in touch on this board.

Posted: Fri Jul 17th, 2009 02:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
52nd Post
civilwar6165

Mana: 

Hi all. Havnt been online in awhile, hope all is well.  Check out this pic taken on Sachs Bridge on Memorial Day Weekend 2009

Attachment: IMG_0738_edited-1-1.zip (Downloaded 16 times)

Last edited on Fri Jul 17th, 2009 03:33 am by civilwar6165

Posted: Fri Jul 17th, 2009 06:15 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
53rd Post
ShadowHunter
Lurker

Mana: 

CivilWar6165 - OK, I see a neat orb but I am going to have to ask the obvious. Were you alone there?  Who is that figure at the back of the bridge?  It looks like...dare I say.....a soldier wearing a kepi? The picture gets very grainy when I blow it up.  I HAVE to know!  Was there someone there or did you capture something?

Posted: Sat Jul 18th, 2009 12:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
54th Post
civilwar6165

Mana: 

Hi Shadow. My son took the pic while we were at the bridge. there was no one at that end of the bridge. I t looks to me like it is a soldier. There is an orb to his right and to his left is a reflection of a cars headlight. the cars light is out and what you see is the flash reflection. We were there with about 10 other people all of which were at the end we were, and my son was bored with all the adults talking so he just started taking pics. If you can enlarge the pic it looks to me like he is wearing a hardee hat and maybe the letter P on the hat.

Posted: Sat Jul 18th, 2009 11:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
55th Post
Basiliximab

Mana: 

ShadowHunter wrote: Would be fun to get a bunch of folks together to do something like this.  Let stay in touch on this board.

That would be fun. I've been wanting to go back to GB for quite some time now. Unfortunately I live in Nevada, but I'll have quite a lot of free time in October. I'm hoping I can take a trip out east during that time to visit a civil war battlefield or two. Keep me in touch if anyone has any plans to go out there as a group.

Posted: Mon May 17th, 2010 02:20 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
56th Post
bolaman1975

Mana: 

i lived in Gettysburg for about 3 yrs....i have more paranormal stories then i can even write down...i would have to dedicate about a 10 page response to list them all.

Posted: Mon May 17th, 2010 02:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
57th Post
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

I wish I knew how to post evp's. I have a good one. Too bad this thread kinda died down. :D

Current time is 08:58 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4457 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 28 queries executed.