Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Hello, my people. I'm new here. - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Mar 2nd, 2006 05:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
arooper

Mana: 

Hi, I'm Alexis from Boston, currently living in D.C. Just graduated from GW with a history degree and working at CNN. I got into the CW freshman year after reading the Killer Angels (who doesn't?) and it was all downhill from there. I've been to Gburg 3 times, and once to Antietam, Manassas, Chancellorsville/Fredericksburg/Spotsylvania. I really want to go to Chickamauga & Chattanooga. Anyway, I'm more into the military history and campaigns, but I enjoy the politics as well. I've been studying the war for about five years now, and I'm excited to have found this site, haha. It's tough to find a good CW conversation, I hope I find it here.

Posted: Thu Mar 2nd, 2006 07:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
David White

Mana: 

Howdy Alexis and welcome.  What do you do for CNN?

My #1 daughter is heading to GM University for graduate school in the fall and #2 daughter will be in DC this summer for one of those Congressional Youth Leadership conferences.  Great place to be, especially if you love OUR war.  Of course you know it was all a waste of time and lives there in the east, the war was won in the west.

BTW, I'm only here to keep Javal in line and to be his foil ;).

Posted: Fri Mar 3rd, 2006 02:39 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Basecat

Mana: 

Alexis,

Welcome aboard.  Noticed you mentioned you work for CNN.  Was wondering just how much interest is there in Atlanta about the Civil War today?

Many fine folks in here, and hope you continue to check in from time to time.

Regards from the Garden State,

Steve Basic

Posted: Fri Mar 3rd, 2006 12:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Welcome to the board Alexis. Congrats on your graduation from a great school! My 17 year old and I were just arguing about whether one of his four college choices that he has to put on his ACT registration would be GWU or U of Va. (we decided on both).

Congrats also on your job, would imagine that's a great foot in the door for a recent grad. Hope you enjoy the board, and don't be afraid to slap David "Rush" White around a little if he gets out of line. He's harmless.

Posted: Fri Mar 3rd, 2006 01:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
susansweet2

Mana: 

Welcome Alexis.  This is a good place to be .  Many good  people with interesting ideas.  Always something being discussed.  Feel free to jump right in.

Susan on the West Coast

Last edited on Fri Mar 3rd, 2006 01:24 pm by susansweet2

Posted: Sat Mar 4th, 2006 05:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
arooper

Mana: 

Well thanks, everyone. To answer your question, Basecat, I have no idea, I'm working in our DC bureau, never even been to Atlanta. I'm the human TiVo here, I record everything during the day like morning shows, briefings, hearings, pressers, newsers, and everything in between, plus I do playback for the live shows like Situation Room, AC360, etc.

David - Yeah, there are tons of interns in DC, especially in the summer. Makes for a great bar scene in the summer. I worked on the hill once, everyone does, its standard around here, like working in a local movie theater.

Posted: Fri Oct 6th, 2006 09:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Just saw your posting.  My daughter also works for CNN as a production assistant for the Glenn Beck in NYC.  Don't know how that show got on CNN, should have been Fox.

Doc C

Current time is 10:18 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3202 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 25 queries executed.