Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Fanciful introduction - Introductions - About this Forum - Start Here - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Oct 12th, 2009 07:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Quadrophenia

Mana: 

Hello all,

I'm fresh out of college (yes, I was a history major) and I'm attempting to slow down the pace of life I've been living these past few years. I'm turning from booze back to books, and the like.

I used to be very into War history and what not, as it seems most people who start out as history majors do (not to mention anyone who watches the History Channel, or as I like to call it, the World War II channel). I got more into the social, economic, and political spectrum of things though through the course of my studies; needless to say, I became quite bored and contemptuous of war history.

Now that I'm out of it, I've come to the realization that I'm still very into the Civil War out of all the wars I used to study.

For the present time, I'm looking to brush up on it again with the good folks in this forum. Please feel free to give me a shout or drop a line, I'm sure you'll find me a cunning linguist at the very least. Cunning linguist? Haha, oh man, I love myself.

Posted: Tue Oct 13th, 2009 09:46 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

A "cunning linguist"........ :shock: Lord, you ARE fresh out of college. lol (I don't believe some of the Yankee Puritans on board caught your 'slight of tongue.') lol (kidding) You Pennsylvania Bucktails have a good sense of wit and humor, and I like it ! 

You must be a '70's rock enthusiast....recognizing your username "Quadropphenia"... the (schizophrenia based) song from the Who:D

A hearty welcome to the Board from a Yellowhammer Reb, Quadrophenia. I hope you enjoy your time here !

Cheers,

Maverick

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2009 06:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Quadrophenia

Mana: 

Yes, I'm quite the 60's and 70's rock enthusiast. Probably the best era of modern music.

Thanks for the welcome, and no, I don't think they get it. The pasty shoemakers are not on to us.

Posted: Wed Oct 14th, 2009 09:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

Haha....we have them fooled....let's keep it that way !

"Pasty Shoemakers".....outstanding !....you're quite the fine cunning linguist, Quad. ! ;) 

I'd better cease lest the Puritan council is summoned and the search for the Titch's wit begins.

Yes, I agree. '60's and '70's rock rules and is absolutely resilient.....and demolishes most of this current hodgepodge. 3 cheers to the days of yore......and Quadrophenia !

Peace    

Last edited on Wed Oct 14th, 2009 09:26 am by Maverick

Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 09:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
ole

Mana: 

Grazers! At least, if you confine your activities, you won't reproduce.

Pasty Shoemaker;)

Last edited on Tue Oct 20th, 2009 09:12 pm by ole

Posted: Thu Oct 22nd, 2009 04:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
LU Student

Mana: 

Ahhh, a fellow history major, glad to know you. I'm still a freshman at Liberty University but it will get tougher as I go along.

Welcome aboard,

LU Student

Current time is 09:27 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2913 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 25 queries executed.