Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

I'm back - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 05:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
Roger

Mana: 

Johan Steele wrote: So Roger, do you down the scotch before or after you've dried yourself off?

Your pics made the wife remind me she's only just got over her vertigo.

I prefer beer but it's a nice feeling sinking your first one after a month at sea.

Roger ( I'm just waiting for the "Do you really drink it warm" comment:D)

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 12:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

Bama... we have another on the way so my discretionary spending has been shut down. I get one more toy w/ tax return $... I'm looking at several options. Going to a gunshow next weekend and might come back w/ something.

Looking for an original Type 2 P53 or Lorenz but my eye is out for a more modern arm as well. All depends upon what I can afford & get away w/.

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 12:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Roger I know you to be a civilized man, if it's British Ale I expect you drink it warm (no wonder y'all lost the empire; barbarians) if it's a lager I hope and pray you drink it cold... though I have my suspicians about that too.

I'm partial to a Black & Tan as that's the only way I can stomach Guiness. I'm fond of Bass as well. Prefer ale to lagers actually. And Good Scotch or Cognac to either. Though I have to admit I occasianlly sneak a nip at the boss's stash of Sherry. Think I better restock her stash she hasn't touched since she found out we were expecting a new little one... I wonder if she'll get suspicious. Forget that time to get a new bottle for her stash and her Chamberg and the Pama. ARGGGGHHH!!! I have to replenish her whole stash. It's not fair, she's no longer a cheap drunk.

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 01:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Roger

Mana: 

We lost the Empire? When did that happen?

Michael Jackson, the beer writer not the other idiot he knows nothing about beer, once said the search for the perfect pint should last a lifetime so I'm taking his advice and still looking.

It's ok no need to worry, I drink my lager cold and my ale not so cold, notice I didn't say warm:)

My wife doesn't drink but you wouldn't believe the distance she can smell it at, even down the phone sometimes.

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 02:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Thanks for the other picture. I'm land sick not sea sick. I LOVE the sea, its just so beautiful even when it is storming

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 04:07 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Johann congrats to you and your lovely wife on a sibling for your daughter.  By the way did you ever find the pictures you were searching for a few months ago. 

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 05:33 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
David White

Mana: 

Getting drinks to satisfy the American palate in the FORMER Mother County is tough. When I was there it was a blooming heat wave in the 90s and trying to get a cold drink was next to impossible. I'd gross the waitresses out by asking for iced tea and would always have to tell them I want more than one puny ice cube. I finally found a drink called Shandy (half lemonade and beer) that was the only thing they served iced cold over there. They'd tease me as I drank my "Kiddie Beer" and they drank their liquid fresh form Secretariat's bladder but I rather enjoyed it and brought back a case of the stuff with me. I've always thought Shandy would catch on with American audiences but I've never seen it over here except in specialty stores or bars that serve over 100 different beers.

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 05:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
Roger

Mana: 

David, if you ask for a shandy in a pub here it's usually mixed for you, half beer half lemonade there's no need to buy the specially mixed variety.

Try half 7 Up with half Bud and there you have it, Shandy, at last a tasty use for Budweiser:D 

Roger

Posted: Fri Jan 11th, 2008 06:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Sorry, but here in America we call it "Buttwiper."  And to think...I don't even drink.

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 12:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

No Susan, never could find the pic of that B-52 pilot mini. My understanding was that she mounted the mini on top of a trophy w/ the "1000 hours" engraved on the base.

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 12:12 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Bama, the Lorenz is an Austrain rifle musket M1854. They didn't typically approach the quality of the Enfield or Springfield as they were hand fitted by armory smiths. Though the quality was generally pretty good as was the accuracy if the right ammo was used. It was in the US on both sides of the line in both .54 & .58. Second most common imported long arm after the Enfield.

I prefer the rifle or rifle musket to pistols. The .454 Cassul will about take your arm off & IMO anything like that is way overkill. I prefer 9mm for my needs.

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 05:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
34th Post
Roger

Mana: 

Ed, who's Col. Cooper?

Roger

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 05:31 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
Texas Defender

Mana: 

Roger-

Since Ed is an advocate of the .45, my guess is that he means this guy.  :D

Jeff Cooper (colonel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 06:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
36th Post
Roger

Mana: 

Thanks, I'd say that was him.

Roger

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 01:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

I like my 9mm w/ standard FMJ, not fashionable but functional. If I can't make him stay down w/ 3 shots, 2 center mass 1 face, then I'm doing something wrong... or in serious trouble. Anyway for home defence I'll stick w/ the model 37 Ithaca. For carry I prefer the lighter arms. To me a pistol is a belly gun, stick it in his belly and pull trigger, repeat as needed. For what I need it for my 9mm CZ is ample.

I like the classic M1911A1 but that's about the only .45 I've ever liked. I don't really have any use for pistols... shotgun or rifle thank you much.

Posted: Sat Jan 12th, 2008 05:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
39th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Johan I was thinking of the two Civil War pictures you asked about a few months ago.  Did you ever find them?  The ones that got accidently deleted by a small scholar at your home . 

Posted: Sun Jan 13th, 2008 07:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
40th Post
Johan Steele

Mana: 

Susan, nope those are gone I fear. I was thinking of something else, my apologies.

Current time is 03:11 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.5075 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 29 queries executed.