Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

top 5 favorite tv shows - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2008 06:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
ole

Mana: 

1) M*A*S*H -- Have a funny story about mash and probably why I like it so much. When I was little my mother and I started a tradition of watchin mash and having a bowl of ice cream together, now it is like pavlos dog I hear the theme song and immediately want Ice cream.

I have the same sort of craving when it comes balogna sammiches and coffee. :cool:

2) Dukes of Hazzard  (tv series not the movie and only the ones with the original duke boys)
:shock: And you subscribe to "Playboy" for the editorials.:?

Couldn't resist.

ole

Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2008 09:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

While I did see the dukes movie and did enjoy jessica simpson as daisy and do remember the original daisy very fondly from my days as a young lad. I would have to say my kids will not be seeing the new movie anytime soon just too racey that is not so with the Old TV series thats one of the reasons I like IT.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 01:55 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
ole

Mana: 

I would have to say my kids will not be seeing the new movie anytime soon just too racey that is not so with the Old TV series thats one of the reasons I like IT.

It the older things, some eye-candy was offered. In the newer presentations, it's rubbed in your face.

ole

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 02:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

heres just one more Hee Haw. as cheesey as it is i love it.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 02:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

ole wrote: Seems that Bama is the only one old enough to remember RADIO. "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?" The Shadow knows. Gangbusters. Fibber McGee and Molly.

ole

Wrong, Ole! I am old enough too. I used to sit on the kitchen floor and listen to those shows while my Mom made dinner. I loved "The Shadow Knows" and "Gangbusters". Another show I liked was on during the day, "Stella Dallas" which was kind of a radio soap opera. I didn't listen to "Fibber McGee and Molly", but I did listen to "Amos and Andy" at night and loved the character The Kingfish. We listened to Arthur Godfrey" in the morning. I didn't like Godfrey, though, even less when he switched to TV.

The worst radio memory I have is the Korean War. The local radio station announced the draftees' names each night. Mom would cower by the radio. I don't know what Dad was doing. What I was doing was hiding under the kitchen table. Somehow I believed that if I hid there, my Dad's name wouldn't be called. Mercifully, it never was. That kitchen table thing must have worked.

Last edited on Fri Feb 8th, 2008 02:42 am by CleburneFan

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 03:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Cleburne .. cant imagine what your family went thru every morning , but that was a cool his tory  though.

HE HE HE IM SOO WITTY

Last edited on Fri Feb 8th, 2008 03:32 pm by younglobo

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 07:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
ole

Mana: 

heres just one more Hee Haw. as cheesey as it is i love it.
".....she met another and, pfffffft, she was gone."

Broke me up every time.

ole

Posted: Sat Feb 9th, 2008 11:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Ole that is a great one too bet you like "Put Another Log on the Fire " by Tompall Glaser

Posted: Sun Feb 10th, 2008 04:30 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
ole

Mana: 

Younglobo:

If I ever want a little excitement, I'll sing a line two from that to Dear One.  Unfortunately, I'm getting be a bit too long in the tooth to handle that much excitement, so I have cut back on it.

ole:shock:

Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 09:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

LOL my wife feels the same way

Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 10:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

My home town was saluted by Hee Haw - Punkin Center, La.

Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 11:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
ashbel

Mana: 

1. Antiques Road Show

2. Old movies

3. I love to fall asleep watching any sporting event.  doesn't matter to me. Golf, football, baseball, basketball, etc.

Posted: Mon Feb 11th, 2008 11:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
33rd Post
Johan Steele
Life NRA,SUVCW # 48,Legion 352

Mana: 

My wife loves the old radio plays... the Shadow was the MAN! THen there's one w/ William Powell and a twisted squeeky subconcious that came to the fore whenever he got clobbered. The classic Amos & Andy as well as Our Miss Brooks and the classic Burns & Allen.

I love the ability to get all kinds of things through interlibrary loan... one of the few things Minnesoata gets right.

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 06:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
34th Post
ole

Mana: 

You should be skiing, Johan! Or snowmobiling? Or huddling in a shack over a hole in the ice. Geez. For a Minnestotan, you don't sound like much fun.

ole

Posted: Tue Feb 12th, 2008 06:35 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ole wrote: You should be skiing, Johan! Or snowmobiling? Or huddling in a shack over a hole in the ice. Geez. For a Minnestotan, you don't sound like much fun.

ole

Maybe Johan is like me ole got to much Indian blood in him to like the cold , most good plains tribes stayed in the warm teepee when it got cold.

Took my daughter to preschool today had on my ww2 repro flight jacket , beene and gloves and ran the truck for 15 minutes before I went out and its only 19 degrees here with a wind chill of 7.

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed Feb 13th, 2008 01:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

that does sound familiar .  We had a kid's show on radio when I was a little kid that was brought to you by Eastern Columbia a department store down town L.A.  The theme song was Eastern Columbia Broadway at Ninth.  As a little kid I thought it was Eastern Columbia, Broadway at night.  I pictured this huge building coming up out of the ground at night only.  I had a vivid imagination .  One day my Dad took me downtown.  As we were walking along he said there is the Eastern Columbia Building .  I was in Shock.  I said but it is Day time!!!!   Dad had to explain it to me.

That was the great thing about radio , You used your imagination. 

susan

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2008 03:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
38th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Looney Toons ; The Andy Griffeth Show ; Combat, Rat Patrol, M*A*S*H*, Bag Bah Black sheep,  Lone Ranger, Little house on the parrie , Gunsmoke,  Bonaza

History channel ; Military Channel ; History Channel international ; Discover Channel

PBS

Sure there more out there

Last edited on Wed Feb 27th, 2008 03:31 am by Steven Cone

Posted: Wed Feb 27th, 2008 07:01 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
39th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

steve, they just made the site where they filmed the series Mash in the Santa Monica Mountains a "historical site."  Dedicated it last week end with some of the cast there .  Only problem is it is a two mile walk in from the closest road

Susan

Posted: Fri Feb 29th, 2008 07:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
40th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Like to add China beach and tour of duty to the list

A historical site? I wouldnt go that far with the show but if I recall they did do the same thing with the set for the movie The Alamo w / John wayne

Last edited on Fri Feb 29th, 2008 07:49 pm by Steven Cone

Current time is 02:33 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4715 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 28 queries executed.