Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 10:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Haha, Kj!

Hahahahahahaha, Mr. Joe.

I really liked Denny during the first part of last season.  But, he started turning into this whiney, lack-luster guy towards the end, and my soft spot for him has done hardened.

My up-and-comer now is Kyle Busch.  He can drive like a mad-man with a serious method to his madness.  What talent! And, a truly original driver - he definitely has his own style on the track.  I think he will be cream-of-the-crop.  And he is learning to handle himself so well, publically.  He's maturing better than I every could have thought possble.  When Smoke blows over, I bet I'm left standing in Kyle's camp.

Last edited on Sat Feb 16th, 2008 10:59 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 11:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
42nd Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

"And, a truly original driver - he definitely has his own style on the track."

And that style is what? Crashing? Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 11:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Ah, Kj,

Obviously you missed the truck race last night!  Kyle's truck was one of two (or maybe three, depending on the camera angle) that set off one of the most spectacular Big Ones in truck racing that I've ever seen.  Really narrowed down the field, but "Rowdy" Busch (his truck racing moniker - had it as the signature on his truck last year)came out unscathed.  Except that the other drivers had a some pretty scathing things to say about him - which he handled very gracefully:  Good Kyle, cookie!

And, if I understand correctly, he didn't crash in the Nationwide today....;):):D

Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 11:37 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
44th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

I watched bits and pieces of the truck race only to discover I missed that big wreck. Dang!!

Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 11:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
45th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Lap 19 - Speed usually repeats the truck race during the week, you should try to record it if you cain't watch the re-run.  I was really concerned, thought, OH-Oh, someone isn't gonna walk away this time.  But, all was well.  Except for some big-time P-O'd drivers!  Watching their post-wreck interviews was fun & revealing!

I'm sure they'll be using the Flaming Truck images on the opening clips of the cup race tomorrow:  you know, that little montage they do as the day's coverage opens.  And, it'll be a regular clip all season long in the opening truck-series montage.  VERY Dramatic, a fireball let loose across the track, and it sure looked like driver BBQ to me (thank God it wasn't anything like).  The footage of all the emergency vehicles coming out is something, too.

Posted: Sun Feb 17th, 2008 03:21 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

today's the day. DAYTONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its about time

Posted: Sun Feb 17th, 2008 03:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
47th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Yes, but we have to wait until 3 PM (Eastern time, that is).

Posted: Sun Feb 17th, 2008 07:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
48th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

IM READY TO GO RACING . Does anyone else get tired of all of the usless prerace hype , dont car about fats domino doing the twist and even brooks and dunn though i do like there music . Interview the drivers ,sing the anthem and start the engines, geez. I dont need an hour and quarter worth of hype usless hype at that.

Posted: Sun Feb 17th, 2008 07:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
49th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

THANK YOU, younglobo! Somebody who feels the same way I do.

I get sick and tired of all the pre-race crap. I don't mind interviews, I don't mind analyzing who's got the best chance at winning what, I don't mind being introduced to the new faces on the block, but if I wanted to watch a concert, I'd turn on VH1 or MTV!

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 01:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
50th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

if i have nothing else to do its alright, but otherwise i hate the pre-race crap to. (unless of course its Junior then its alright)

Ryan Newman won Daytona, for yall that didnt see it. Junior finished 9th. pretty good place for the start of the season i guess.

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 01:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
51st Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Tony Stewart remains my man.

By the way, I love that ad where the brat boy in the NASCAR driver's suit is so bratty and says, "It's my way or the highway." It is a GEICO ad, consistently the funniest on TV.

Last edited on Mon Feb 18th, 2008 01:55 am by CleburneFan

Posted: Mon Feb 18th, 2008 02:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
52nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

yeah but most of them are stupid

Posted: Mon Feb 25th, 2008 03:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
53rd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ok so how many true nascar fans are there out there that stayed up till the race was called yesterday LOL I gave up at 12 15 central and got on my laptop first thing to check out what happen . Race will restart today at 12 central . guess there are benefits to being unemployeed. ( but not many)

Posted: Mon Feb 25th, 2008 03:44 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
54th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Okay, I'm one of those "fools" who stayed up till 2 AM waiting to learn whether they were actually going to run the race. Of course, that's my usual bed time. Being retired has its benefits, too -- including staying up half the night, usually reading but sometimes waiting to learn what's going on with a race.

Looking back, they shouldn't have even tried starting the thing. What did they run, 87 laps? And how many red flags during those 87 laps? Guys got taken out because the track was weeping. Grr...

Last edited on Mon Feb 25th, 2008 03:46 pm by kj3553

Posted: Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 04:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
55th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

So, who watched the race today, and what did you think? It was nice to see Junior have a good finish, but clenched my teeth when Gordon and Kenseth got tangled up. I was going, "OMG, he's gonna get taken out again in someone else's mess!"

Posted: Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 07:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
56th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

yeah jeff took a wicked hit , stuck his nose somewhere it did not belong yet

Posted: Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 08:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
57th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

At least he was man enough to admit it was his fault when they interviewed him afterwards. Not all of the drivers are gracious enough to say, "Yeah, I screwed up." Some, but not all.

Posted: Tue Mar 4th, 2008 11:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
58th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

KJ.. yeah that did impress me he has come a long way from his younger days .

Posted: Mon Mar 10th, 2008 10:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
59th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ok so does anyone else want to put a gernade in the 18 car or something , now I know how Gordon haters felt when he was winning so much ( ahhh the good old days)

Posted: Tue Mar 11th, 2008 02:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
60th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

What happened to Joanie? NASCARs sorta strange without her imput.

Current time is 08:52 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  Next Page Last Page  
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > The Lounge > Idle Chit-Chat > The Official 2008 CWi NASCAR Thread

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4303 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 25 queries executed.