Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

How's the weather? - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 04:02 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Hey, Y'All,

How's the weather where you are?

I saw that Mr. Joe is cleaning up after a tornado.  This is Not Good!

Here in the Great White North, Young Miss and I are snowed in - going on our fourth day "in captivity" according to many - but we are snowmobiling, skiing behind pick-up trucks, all kind of good and fun things!

We almost never have extreme weather like this where we live. 

The weather has taken our cable out, but I can get in one local station, and it is showing horrible things in The South.

How is everyone else out there doing?

(YEA!  Another storm front, another snow-day, announced at 6:00 pm tonight!)

Joanie

Last edited on Fri Feb 8th, 2008 04:03 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 04:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Clear, 62 degrees, sunny this afternoon. Almost impossible to get it to be sunny at night. You ought to move south. Michigan will kill you if Grant don't.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 04:21 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

It almost has, Private Clewell.

Not growing up here, I don't have antibodies (or, immunities, if you will) to all the things that come out (I guess mostly from unchanged funace filters) when the cold comes in and the windows get closed.  When I first started working in a biochem lab at MSU years ago (the M = Michigan), December came, and I developed such a bad breathing disorder that I was almost hospitalized, and had 2 inhalers, one of the most extreme antibiotics, and steriods - and I had never been sick a day in my life since childhood!!!!

And Young Miss was in early elementary school - she turn into a sickly pale little stick.  She got her anibodies (immunities) going and thrives now, but every winter, when the doors and windows close, I get So Sick.  A little less every year, but it is bad here for me!

Last edited on Fri Feb 8th, 2008 04:24 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

Jeez, Joanie. I didn't realize I was so close to the mark.

All the more reason to become a Tar Heel (er, Tarheel). You could get a position at Research Triangle Park:

http://www.ncbiotech.org/

and then cheer for Duke. Or Carolina, if you lower your standards. I moved south to take advantage of the weather. Little snow and only the occasional hurricane. Plus, you'd be in the heart of NASCAR (cough, cough) country.

Gotta go now. Need to change the furnace filter.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 12:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
TimHoffman01

Mana: 

Here in the Confederate Capital (couldn't resist):D  they are calling for warming temperatures up to the mid 50's and breaking clouds with sunshine this afternoon.  Of course over night it will drop around 20 degrees and they're calling for rain tomorrow.

Two days ago it got to just about 80 outside.  Dang.  When I was growing up in Northern VA, I remember when it used to snow in February.  The only snow in these parts this year has been to the West by the mountains and North of us.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 03:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Here in Sunny Southern California it is going to be in the 70's today.  There is snow on the mountains that circle the Los Angeles Basin . Looks beautiful from a distance.  The surfers here in Huntington are out surfing by the Pier.  No more rain in sight for now.  Drops to the 40's at night but warms up during the day.  Typical winter's day here. 

Susan

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 03:19 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Susan .. can I come visit?? PLEASE
Any lady surfers??

Cloudy and 37 here in KC with about 2 inches of snow on th e ground after Tues. snow/sleet young miss was happy got out of school course that meant I had to suffer thru a whole day alone with 3 siblings and listen to em spat and play referee.

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 06:41 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Of course there are lady surfers . Some really good surfers too.  I have noticed there are more tourist down by the beach lately than usual at this time of year.  Usually we have the area to ourselves at this time.  I have never surfed myself.  I stand on the pier and watch the others. 

Look out to sea and see Catalina, Look to the West see Palos Verdes and the Los Angeles Harbor .  Look East and North and see the mountains with Snow on them.  It's a good day in Southern Cal. 

Ya'll come and visit.

Susan

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 08:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
10th Post
ole

Mana: 

I got here before you did, Bama, but can't agree more. Moved up here from Missouri in '71.

Rather pleasant today, but "they're" saying that Sunday will have a high of 9. Been some winter, hasn't it? Unusual all over the country. Guess we had it coming after the string of non-winters we've had.

ole))..

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 08:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
ole

Mana: 

Here in Sunny Southern California it is going to be in the 70's today.
And you are hereby cordially invited, Miss Susan, to eat poop and die.

ole

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 08:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"All the more reason to become a Tar Heel (er, Tarheel). "

Two more year, Pvt. Clewell, two more years.  I kid you not.  I was trying to figure out where I was gonna move when my stint here is up, thought NASCAR, and realized it was a no-brainer!

Like Joanie, I am a southernor and feel imposed upon to have to endure Ole AND yankee weather at the same time!(grin)

Grumble grumble grumble....keepin' me in line, that darn Ole is always keepin' me in line.....grumblegrumblegrumble.  Grumble Jones pro'bly had to put up with someone like him, gonna have to change my moniker to Grumble Joan if he keeps this up grumblegrumblegrumble....

Posted: Fri Feb 8th, 2008 08:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

NO Thank you Ole. 

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat Feb 9th, 2008 02:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
15th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

hey Susan any hot guys over there?

Posted: Sat Feb 9th, 2008 02:15 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

its about 65 during the day and 45 at night here. still to cold for my liking but hey its warmer than it has been

Posted: Sat Feb 9th, 2008 02:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Today in glorious South Florida we hit the mid-eighties. Tonight we'll have high sixties. We will have a "cold snap" tomorrow and the night will drop down to the low sixties. Big whoop!!!:D

This is the first winter that I ever recall in Florida having worn sandals, crops and capris  the entire winter. I have not had to switch to closed-toed shoes and socks once this winter. My warmest sweaters have gone unworn this year. We have not run the heater one single time this season.

Even my 89 year-old mother who is always cold has only run her furnace a couple of days.  We already are in mid-February now, so I doubt that the heater will ever get turned on this year. Frankly I am disappointed. A cold day here and there can be very refreshing to us Floridians.

Last edited on Sat Feb 9th, 2008 02:31 am by CleburneFan

Posted: Sat Feb 9th, 2008 04:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
18th Post
ole

Mana: 

Fan: You are also cordially invited..........#%$#

ole

Posted: Sun Feb 10th, 2008 02:39 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
19th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

ole wrote: Fan: You are also cordially invited..........#%$#

ole

Much obliged, sir.:cool:

Posted: Sun Feb 10th, 2008 04:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
20th Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

Last week we had about 3 days of rain. Though we missed out on the severe weather last week, there has been flooding in some of the towns along the Maumee River that even warranted mention on The Weather Channel. I don't know if that's good or bad!

Tonight another Arctic front is blasting through. High winds expected. Sheess! We've had enough high wind warnings this winter to last me a life time!

Current time is 12:00 amPage:    1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4404 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 28 queries executed.