Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

College Football - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 04:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

What size field  do you use.. Yes i bet its brutal  with 6 playing both sides of ball

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat Oct 11th, 2008 12:56 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

My friend from Baylor played 6 man at Coolidge.

Doc C

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 06:31 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Still trucking along at 10-0 face the Dawgs of MS State

Roll Tide

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 11:18 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Congrats on your win over my Tigers, good game. However, still don't know how good your Tide boys are. We shall see in the SEC championship game when they face Florida. Unless something real screwy happens in the BCS (which I hope it does so as to scrap the BCS and go to a playoff system), it looks like the SEC VS Big 12 champions in the national title game, assuming the winner of the Big 12 championship is from the Big 12 south (Tech, UT, maybe OU).

Doc C

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 05:51 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
David White

Mana: 

And all three of those Big 12 South teams are better than any SEC team. Assuming two or three of them only have one loss, one or two might be getting screwed out of a national championship possiblity, which might kill this whole BCS thing. I'm not all that unhappy with the BCS but still see the point when people say they don't like it. If we do go to a national championship playoff it might wind up that a two or three loss team after the regular season wins because they have the hot hand in the playoff. Will people be okay with that when they defeat a previously undefeated team?

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 06:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Although I would agree the three best teams in the Big 12 are in the south, I would not bet that a south team will win the championship game. I've seen too many upsets in these games (including my Buffs beating Texas a few years back). That's one of the things that bugs me about seeing a Pac 10 or Big 10 team playing in the National Championship game - they don't have to play a conference championship game. I think if Chase Daniel gets hot, Missouri could beat any of the three south teams. Not likely, but I've seen larger upsets.

And, I would love to see a playoff. I also realize it will never happen until a playoff format would create more revenue than the current BCS bowl system. Money will always rule, no matter what the bigwigs say.

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 08:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

As I said the 4 Big 12 south teams are all really good but don't count out florida (not a great fan of them). Correct Tim, money/revenue drives this animal.

Doc C

Posted: Fri Nov 14th, 2008 09:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Mistakes on both sides cousin yet the Tide fond a way to win.. Bama isnt the prettiest team out there and doesnt show the flash that some of the big 12 and florida shows but regardless they find a way to win and remain at the top.. I dont think they deserve the high rankin but I sure am not going to complain about it .. lol

Def. wins Championships and thats what the tide is riding on plus they have a pretty good running game

Anyone can beat anyone on any given day and I have seen it happen to many times..

Last edited on Sat Nov 15th, 2008 02:15 am by Steven Cone

Posted: Sat Nov 15th, 2008 12:45 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Cuz, you got that right with your last statement. By the way, just found a marker at Gettysburg to one our Cone ancestors, Capt. Jesse Jones, near his 60th NY regimental monument on Culps Hill. Like one our other ancestors monument, 147th on Little Round Top, you have to be a frigging mountain goat to get to it. Once I can find more information I'll let you know.

Doc C

Posted: Sat Nov 15th, 2008 02:22 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

Alright more family lol

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 06:14 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
33rd Post
TimK

Mana: 

Okay, it's Friday and I'm starting to get excited for some football tomorrow.

It won't mean anything to anybody out there, but around here, the Border War between Colorado State and Wyoming is tomorrow in Laramie. The winner holds the Bronze Boot (an actual boot bronzed after an ROTC member from CSU returned from Viet Nam). It really is a big deal around here.

Also, I have to buy my wife three magazines (that's our deal) so I can control the television tomorrow night to watch the Texas Tech-Oklahoma game. I'm expecting a final of about 62-58. I wouldn't be surprised if neither team punted and the game lasted over 4 hours.

What a pitiful soul I am.

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 07:09 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
34th Post
ole

Mana: 

You don't have your own TV, TimK? That is pitiful. Dear One controls the TV in our house and spends lots of time watching really old movies and M*A*S*H reruns. So I spend time in my room with my TV watching equally inane things, but at least they're in color.

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 08:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Ole, I do have a couple other televisions in the house. But I only have one 42" HDTV placed strategically in front of the comfy leather chair, and as Javal will soon find out, football is a different experience in high def. And because I spend so much time in my office in front of the computer, I promised that I would always keep Saturday nights open for us to do whatever she chooses. If you stood us next to each other, it would be extremely obvious that she didn't get as good a deal as I got when we married. But a deal is a deal, and if all she wants is Saturday nights, I'm all in.

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 10:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
36th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

and as Javal will soon find out, football is a different experience in high def.

And Tim, the football gods are looking out for me. Direct TV was here today and installed all the stuff I need. The TV arrives at 2:00 Wednesday. So the first NFL game I'll be able to watch in HD Plasma? My beloved Philadelphia Eagles, who are on Thursday Night football. Mmmm, mmmm good!

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 11:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
pamc153PA

Mana: 

Let's hope the Birds grace your new TV with a win, Joe. After their pretty pitiful performance last week, I'm hoping your early Christmas is a rabbit's foot for them!

Pam

Current time is 08:36 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3326 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 27 queries executed.