Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Laugh out Loud - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 01:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
Crazy Delawares

Mana: 

Change...must be an election year. Same old mantra, different mouth. Same old thievery, different names. I don't know. No matter who gets in, same old business as usual. No change there!

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 01:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Crazy Delawares wrote: Change...must be an election year. Same old mantra, different mouth. Same old thievery, different names. I don't know. No matter who gets in, same old business as usual. No change there!

very good point CD

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 02:10 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

..."ain't desperate housewives on ?"

Worse JDC. I'm trying to follow it during Sunday Night Football. To the more religious, this would be akin to playing a good game of poker during church services ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 02:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

JDC Duncan wrote: ain't desperate housewives on ?
oh please no, not you too.....i swear i cant escape Desperate Housewives fans, even my grandparents like it, im more of a C.S.I: Miami kinda person myself

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 03:08 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
Wrap10

Mana: 

TimK wrote: What concerns me about this, and another very similar thread, is the polarization I see. Posters that normally carry on logical, interesting and sometimes humorous posts (remember when that poster called Wrap10 Warp10, and it was okay because of Star Trek), seem to be at each others throats. Even Hitler finds his way in. We, as a simple discussion group can't seem to respect when it comes to politics. How will our country come together if the paranoia about a new president works to divide us? This is the change I would like to see when the term of this incredibly polarizing president is over.
Hi Tim,

Actually I think we still respect each other here. It's only our various opinions we all find to be nuts. ;)

We'll always have political division even in good times. And these times aren't as bad as they are sometimes made out to be, in my view. But it's the nature of our system. The hollering is sort of part of the process. Sometimes it's a bit muted and other times it gets a little shrill. Only once has it ever reached the point where everyone stood on opposite sides with zero common ground left in the middle. But we're not even close to that now in my opinion, even though the hollering needle seems to be pegged out on "Shrill" at the moment. If the country survived something as cataclysmic as a civil war, we'll make it through this time as well. Even if we make such a serious mistake as to elect Bara....I mean, regardless of who wins the election. ;)

Perry

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 05:41 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Pogo was the one that said we have met the enemy and he is us .  Gator was in the cartoon too but Pogo was a opossum .  One of my favorite comic stripes . Can't believe you remember Pogo.    I agree with you though JDC.  Ole has stired the pot .  Love the George Carlin quote. 

Miss Susan 

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 12:57 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
ole

Mana: 

No intention of stirring the pot -- just sharing a funny observation into which the name of anyone could be inserted.

Javal, please remove the thread.

ole

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 02:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

No wories Ole - in this case I think stirring the pot was meant as a good thing. No reason to delete the thread.

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 04:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

yep all in good fun and besides sometimes the pot needs to be stirred, it keeps things from getting boring

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 08:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
David White

Mana: 

Hey, while we're trying Bush on trumped up RICO charges, why don't we try the Democratic Candidate for real Logan Act violations? :

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/postopinion/opedcolumnists/obama_tried_to_stall_gis_iraq_withdrawal_129150.htm?&page=1

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 08:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
33rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Lordy David - an opinion piece written by a right-winger in a Murdoch paper! Surely you can do better than that. By the way, he doesn't mention if this supposed drawdown was tied to the status of forces plot GWB's been trying to push on Iraq. Did it? If so, then Obama's 100% right to try to delay it till Congress can have a say-so.

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 09:50 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
34th Post
David White

Mana: 

I know Javal it is little better than the National Enquirer isn't it?

So he may delay it by violating the law and negotiating with foreign nationals versus working the deal through the proper channels?

Again, like the Enquirer there is truth to the story and yes again you won't hear about it in the MSM, are you starting to figure that one out yet?

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 09:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Yes David, I've had the great Republican MSM conspiracy theory figured out for years. I know where it originated and who originated it. What you don't seem to realize is that screaming about it louder doesn't make it any truer.

BTW, where were the great conspiracy theorists back when the Times and Post were nailing Bill Clinton to the wall every day. The shrill choir sure stopped singing quick.

As for your pseudo-news story, bring me a real news article about it (not an opinion piece) and we'll talk....oh, never mind, forgot about that conspiracy thing.

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 10:13 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
36th Post
David White

Mana: 

You mean the Monica story that Newsweek sat on for 8 months until, what I'll assume you think is another "faux" news source, Drudge spilled the beans? It's like the Edwards thing, they'll ignore it as long as they can until they are forced to cover it.

Where's your evdience of Bush violating RICO, is it better than a New York Post piece?

The Iraqi official is corroborating the story, which is something the NYT's "McCain had affairs" hit piece totally lacked-- didn't stop the presses though.

Posted: Mon Sep 15th, 2008 10:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Love to debate it more tonight David, but it's time to start work. To be continued I'm sure...;)

Posted: Tue Sep 16th, 2008 11:58 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
38th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Doc J

Changing your avatar is very similar to the politicos changing there positions. Dems/repubs similar to the difference between horse and cow manure. If anyone out there thinks either party will improve their lives, keep on thinking those happy thoughts. INDIVDUALS AND THEIR ACTIONS ALONE ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT.

Doc C

Posted: Wed Sep 17th, 2008 02:09 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
39th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Doc-

Certainly not the first time I've heard that. Frankly, I don't understand the point. That you've given up on the political process? Fine. Your choice. You have one thing less to do Nov. 4th than I do.

INDIVDUALS AND THEIR ACTIONS ALONE ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT.

Um - like voting? Individual effort is all anyone can give, but to pretend government policy doesn't affect the minimization or maximizing of the results of that effort is false.

I don't mean the following to sound as snarky as I'm sure it will, but I'm on lunch break and short of time -    I understand where you're at. It's not somewhere I want to be. I understand you view yourself as a realist and me as an idealist. I would see you as a defeatist and me as a cautious realist who's just not ready to throw up my hands in despair. Kay-sa-ra-sa-ra...or however the hell you spell that.

Posted: Wed Sep 17th, 2008 02:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
40th Post
Doc C

Mana: 

Javal

Given up, not at all. In my opinion there's much more we can do than just voting. Volunteer, mentor, contribute, teach, but to vote NO. 4 out of 5 isn't bad. If that's a defeatist well as the spinach eater would say "I am what I am"

Doc C

Current time is 11:55 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.4402 seconds (9% database + 91% PHP). 31 queries executed.