Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Story Time - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 18th, 2008 11:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Wrap10

Mana: 

This is a little story from a book I've had since I was a kid, about Civil War folklore. I'm posting it from memory so some of the details may be a little off, but it goes something like this...

Many years after the war, a couple of old Confederate veterans are sitting around with some friends and visitors, talking about the old days. One of them begins reminiscing about how it was in the early days of the war: "Why, I remember when we drove those blasted Yankees clear across the Ohio River, and almost all the way up to Canada!"

His friend, listening nearby, chimes in, "I was there, my old friend, and I'm afraid that's not the way it was at all. The Yankees drove us out of Kentucky and Tennessee, and nearly all the way to the Gulf of Mexico."

Reflecting on that for a moment, the first old vet finally replies, "Another good story ruined by an eyewitness!"

Perry

Posted: Fri Sep 19th, 2008 12:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

lol!!! thats a pretty funny story

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

You have chosen to ignore Southern Son. click Here to view this post

Current time is 10:21 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2984 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 27 queries executed.