Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Vick to the Eagles - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Oct 5th, 2010 10:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
Doc C

Mana: 

We let child molesters, wife beaters, etc. out of jail and live amongst us, why not animal abusers!!!!! What is this world coming to????? We forget about the victims and concentrate on the felons.

Doc C

Posted: Wed Oct 6th, 2010 03:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
42nd Post
LiveVegan

Mana: 

Bingo.

What shape the world is in...where the victim's rights can be denied to them by some peice of trash. The trash then gets out of prison to enjoy life and pick up where he/she left off. All the while the victim (or the loved ones) have to endure the pain for the rest of their life. Sickening, but the way of the world. The system is flawed and no one really appears to care enough to change it.

The ONLY good thing to come of Vick is that his surviving dogs have found good homes and some have even become therapy dogs. Awesome end for the remaining dogs who were in a deplorable situation.

Posted: Mon Dec 13th, 2010 05:36 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

We always buy our dog Shiloh a Christmas present. This year I found the perfect one:

http://www.officialvickdogchewtoy.com/

Posted: Mon Dec 13th, 2010 10:38 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
44th Post
TimK

Mana: 

I still don't understand why people can forgive and forget guys like Donte Stallworth, who killed somebody while drinking and driving, and Ray Lewis, a guy involved in a knife fight that resulted in two guys being murdered. Every week another athlete is arrested for beating up his wife/girlfriend.

Vick paid a price for his horrendous crimes. He is an example of what the prison system is supposed to do - reform. He lost everything he had while sitting in prison. Now, he spends every Tuesday, his day off, speaking at schools talking about the horrible things he did. He has never backed away or blamed anybody else.

I'll pass on the chew toy. Somebody making money off this turns my stomach.

Posted: Mon Dec 13th, 2010 10:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
45th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Tim,

I know we'll never agree on this, but debate is fun.

Who said they have forgiven Stallworth and Lewis? Certainly not me. To this day I refer to Lewis' team as the Baltimore Felons. They just weren't the topic of this thread.

What we did for Vick by locking him up for two years was to save his legs, ensuring that he has a longer NFL carreer at $20-30 million a year after this season. Talk about making money off this tragedy!

As for his oh so humanatarian speeches - they're a requirement of his probation.

Let me know when someone hangs the bastard from a tree by his genatalia, beats him while he's hanging there, and then cuts the rope so he falls into a pond and drowns. After all, it was good enough for his "pets". Cheers!

Posted: Tue Dec 14th, 2010 01:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Debate is fun. I appreciate the opportunity you give me and anybody else that can type their name and email address the forum to debate. But check this out. I'm not totally alone in my thinking.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5824801

Cheers to you too!

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 12:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
47th Post
pender

Mana: 

javal1 wrote: Forgive the following rant:'

It was just announced that the Philadephia Eagles have signed Michael Vick to a 2-year contract. I've been an Eagles fan for 40-some years. I bled green.

Tonight I give my beloved Eagles a middle-finger salute. May you go 0-16 this season and every season you have this piece of human garbage on your team. Signing T.O was bad, but at least he had talent. This wanna be gangsta has always been over rated. Throwing snowballs at Santa - that I can understand. Being at times a bit on the class-less side -  that I can understand. Signing this ghetto thug - nope, ya lost me. Let those who say "he served his time" invite him to their team. Screw you Jeffrey Lurie and a heartuy screw you to the Eagles.

Thank you...I feel better now )(_

I am no Eagles fan or Vick fan. But just wondering if you still feel this way about Vick and the Eagles two year's in the future Javal? And with the lock out over, are you ready for some football. Me, my son has done been practicing three week's.

Pender

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 12:32 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
48th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Pender,

Am I ready for some football? Damn right I am.

Do I feel differently after 2 years? Have the animals he murdered and tortured come back to life? If not, he can f**k off and die. Sorry for the bluntness, but that's the way I feel.

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 01:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
49th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Joe,

I would appreciate it if I didn't have to read between the lines with you. Please just say how you really feel. I can't tell if you really don't like Vick or if you might have a little man-crush on him.

Don't ban me - I'm kidding with you. Go Broncos!!

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 02:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
50th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Tim,

Ban you? You have to be kidding! What would this thread be without you? I'm just thrilled to have football back. Go Houston Texans! (Thanks to deviant Vick, the first Texas team I've ever been a fan of). They may never make it to the playoffs, but they should. Decent QB (though injury prone), best WR in the league with Andre Johnson, and best RB (yes better than AP and CJ). And as a team, more class that murdering Vick ever dreamed of having in his little finger.

BTW, sorry for my opaque statements. Will try to be more clear in the future :D .

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 04:05 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
51st Post
TimK

Mana: 

I like the Texans (but not as much as the Broncos). I think their best off-season addition, by far, is Wade Phillips. A below average head coach, but arguably one of the best D-coordinators in the league. Kubiak, Phillips, Rick Dennison (O-coordinator) are all very good coaches, and are all from the Broncos. In fact, many of the position coaches followed Kubiak from Denver to Houston. I wish them well. Unfortunately, the stench left by Josh McDaniels and his cheating "New England way" are still lingering here in Denver. The mess he left may take years to clean.

And even after two years, my stance on Vick has not changed either. He has done his time, paid his dues, and continues to be a model citizen. In one of the few instances that I can think of, prison did what it was supposed to do. Vick appears to be a changed person and I hope he continues to mentor children on how not to be like the old Michael Vick.

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2011 08:28 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
52nd Post
pender

Mana: 

Please, no one laugh, but....GO CAROLINA PANTHERS!!!

Pender

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 02:19 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
53rd Post
TimK

Mana: 

Pender-

I can't, or won't laugh. I appreciate a fan that sticks with his team even when it is down. I just don't think your owner did you fans any favors over the last couple of years. Richardson, more than any other owner, seemed to dump salaries preparing for the lockout. I'm glad to see now that it is settled he is opening up his wallet again. Personally, I'm tickled with Coach Fox being in Denver. I did not like that slimeball McDaniels.

I'm ready for the pads to start poppin for reals!

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 03:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
54th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Pender,

I'd never laugh - I think every team should have at least one fan :D. Just kidding of course. To tell you the truth, there's just too many unknowns when it comes to Carolina.

Who's the QB? Is it Newton or Clausen? They brought in Derek Anderson, who I don't believe really thinks he'll start (barring injuries). I see his role as more of a mentor to the other two.

Honestly, I know nothing about your coach, but I disagree with Tim and think you're better off without Fox. Always saw him as a weak coach.

I was glad to see they kept Deangelo Williams. Not the best, but a bit above average.

Anyway, good luck sir! And to Tim as well. The first preseason game is a day after my birthday, and to me NFL football is the best present of all.

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 02:43 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
55th Post
TimK

Mana: 

So we disagree on something else, huh Joe? I like Fox because he's old school - believes in running the ball (even with Elway, we never won a SB until Terrell Davis showed up and took the pressure off by toting the rock) and defense. McDaniels was all flash and immaturity. I like Fox.

Joe, I would have figured by your location you would be a Titans fan. I see Hasselbeck as an upgrade, but can't quite figure out what was wrong with Jeff Fisher. Maybe it was just time for a change. Chris Johnson is a freak.

Happy Birthday! My birthday was the day after the last Super Bowl. A good day!

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 03:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
56th Post
Old Blu

Mana: 

Vick has apologized to us Americans and has served his time to society and I wish him well on his future.  I neither liked his attitude early on and certainly despise those that mistreat domestic animals.  But it is over!  He is a fantastic athlete and certainly an amazing quarter back. My 2 cents.

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 04:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
57th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Tim- I tried to become a Titans fan, I really did. True story - I'm staring at a Troiani panting on my wall as I type this. The picture hangs there because of the hole I punched in the wall during the Superbowl in 2000. But in the end I realized I was forcing myself to be a fan. The Eagles had been my team for over 40  years, and I couldn't stop rooting for them just because I moved. It took them signing Vick to do that.

But I do pay attention to the Titans (and all teams) because I belong to 6 different fantasy teams each year. Hasselback could be considered an upgrade I guess, but not much of one. He's over-the-hill with a bad back. CJ is a monster, but when you have only one outstanding player on your team, it's much too easy for the opposing team to key on him.

So we disagree yet again. BUT.......get ready for this........I agree with you about Fisher. Dumb move. Yes, it was time for a change, but a change on the field, not the sidelines.

At least Vince Young is gone. IMO a mentally unbalanced player. Which of course make him a perfect backup to the generally unbalanced Vick.

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 09:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
58th Post
pender

Mana: 

Thank's guys for being nice. The big question is can Cam Newton be the guy the Panthers have been looking for? I hope so. Just hope it does not take him to long to be NFL ready. I hope he gets alot of playing time this year. Cause if he is a bust and the Panthers season goes down the drain. There may be a little LUCK in next year's draft. Can not wait to get this season rolling.

Pender

Posted: Wed Aug 3rd, 2011 10:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
59th Post
Seriously

Mana: 

6,500 views on this article? Seriously? I see "they" have truly turned us "Northern".
Sad Really

Posted: Thu Aug 4th, 2011 01:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
60th Post
barrydancer

Mana: 

Seriously wrote: 6,500 views on this article? Seriously? I see "they" have truly turned us "Northern".
Sad Really
Huh?...

Current time is 03:32 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2179 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 26 queries executed.