Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Super Bowl 2012 - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2011 02:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
Doc Ce

Mana: 

Saints vs Ravens

Doc C

Posted: Thu Sep 22nd, 2011 11:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
omar

Mana: 

Packers Chargers football is great but give me a frozen sheet and a puck Pens / Sharks in the cup finals

Posted: Mon Sep 26th, 2011 10:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
TimK

Mana: 

Cam looked a lot more like a rookie quarterback in Week 3. He's special - I just wonder how special he will grow to be.

Anybody think defenses are getting away with cheap shots on Vick? If those same shots were on Tom Brady would they be penalties?

Posted: Mon Sep 26th, 2011 11:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Cam could be one helluva QB, he has the talent. But he won't do it with this team. All great QB's need a great supporting cast - he doesn''t have it.

As for surprises, I'm the same as everyone else - Detroit, Buffalo and Washington. Of those, I see Detroit as the real threat.

Tim, Tim, Tim, you really know how to push my buttons. I don't think I've ever seen a primma donna like Vick complain like an 8-year old girl before. He should have been wearing a skirt for his little pity party disguised as a press conference. You want to be a QB that plays like running back? Then man up and take the hits running backs take. I saw both Brady and Rothlisberger victimized by low hits to the knees in the last two weeks. Didn't hear either of them blubbering about it. I'm waiting to see how long it takes him to blame it on race. Sorry Mikey, it's a little togher than torturing animals. Man up or get out.

Posted: Tue Sep 27th, 2011 03:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Joe - totally agree on the Newton point. QB's drafted lower have a better chance of success simply because they are going to better teams. Stafford is a good example. Drafted overall number one, he has been hurt and labeled as a possible bust. Now he is looking like a much better quarterback - but I don't think its him. His team, especially on defense, is much better, so he has a chance to be good.

And what are these buttons you speak of. I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe it is a little different this year and the refs are letting them play, but last year if somebody so much as breathed on Brady he would cry and get a flag. Big sissy.

Philly should have spent some of their "Dream Team" money on an o-line to protect your guy.

Last edited on Tue Sep 27th, 2011 03:06 am by TimK

Posted: Thu Sep 29th, 2011 02:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
26th Post
TimK

Mana: 

Like I said way back in the second post - clearly Boston is the best team in the American League. Oops.

Posted: Fri Oct 14th, 2011 12:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
pender

Mana: 

Javal, TimK, I tend to think with Newton's performance so far the Panthers will try to build around him. I think as a young team they can only improve. Look at how they played the Packers and Saints. IMO the loss of Beason and Davis at middle and strong side linebacker has really hurt this year. It does not look as if Thomas Davis is going to stay healthy enough to make any help for this team. In next years draft my first pick would be a linebacker. What would you all pick if you were Carolina?

Looks as if we were right on the Packers, can anyone stop them? Maybe the Lion's.

Pender

Posted: Fri Oct 14th, 2011 01:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
28th Post
TimK

Mana: 

For the first time in a long time (I can't even remember the last time) the Thanksgiving game in Detroit looks like a good one. Detroit-Green Bay.

Too much "Tebow Thing" around here to notice much about Carolina. I hate to lose, but at least Tebow entertains while losing. Orton put me to sleep. The Broncos would NEVER admit it, but they seem to be in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

Posted: Mon Oct 31st, 2011 11:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
29th Post
pender

Mana: 

What are you all thinking about your picks, at the half way point?

Mine, Packers 7-0...........Steelers 6-2

Timk you want to go ahead and sent me them Trailhead Graphics Civil War Maps?

Pender

Posted: Wed Jan 18th, 2012 10:47 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
pender

Mana: 

Well it looks as if eveybody's pick is shot. Who would have thought 49ers or Giants in the NFC.

Current time is 08:07 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1643 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 25 queries executed.