Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Dale Junior - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2007 02:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
susansweet

Mana: 

I had also forgotten the Beloved Duke had worn the hated orange and black at the end instead of the lovely blue and white . 

Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2007 02:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

I'd have joined this discussion sooner, as I'm a NASCAR and Junior fan, but unfortunately was in the hospital for a week following emergency surgery. No fun! At least now I'm feeling good enough to enjoy the Talladaga race this weekend!

I started out as an Intimidator fan, and was enjoying watching Junior's career in the Busch series. Then, of course, there was that horrible Sunday at Daytona. These days Junior's my #1 driver, but I also like Harvick and Stewart. Yeah, Tony spouts off sometimes and talks before thinking, but at least he's honest. That's refreshing in an era of political correctness. I'm not suggesting that people be rude and obnoxious, but if Tony's ticked off about something, he'll tell you.

I've never been much of a Gordon fan, but really liked the tribute he made to Dale when he won the race last week. For fans (can you really call those folks fans?) to throw things at him for honoring #3 was...well, let's just call it stupid. Though I'll never be a fan of the #24, Gordon has earned my grudging respect over the last few years. Either he's growing up...or I am!:D

Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2007 02:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

KJ .. I totally agree with you on the throwing things at jeff, Seems like some people hate drivers personally, I dont get that way of thinking , unless they have personally met them and I am not talking about the 5 minute autograph talk.   Tony does keep the sport interesting , had a long chat with his Display car transport driver at our home track Kansas Speedway and he said nothing but good things about his situation and that tony was a nice guy( course what would you expect he works for the man.)  So do  you think JR can Win at Dega this weekend?

Last edited on Sat Apr 28th, 2007 02:50 pm by younglobo

Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2007 03:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

So do  you think JR can Win at Dega this weekend?
I sure hope so! Talk about something that would make me feel better!

As for the soap opera that is the negotiations between Junior and his step-mom? I can't help but wonder what "Daddy" Dale would have had to say about all that! Somehow, I doubt things would ever have reached this point.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sun Apr 29th, 2007 07:08 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
27th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Let's go racin', boys!

And Happy Birthday to Daddy Dale. I still miss the Intimidator...*sniff*

Posted: Sun Apr 29th, 2007 10:20 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
30th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Think I wore my voice hoarse yelling "No, No, No" during the overdrive.  Damn heartbreaker on my end of things.

But I feel it in my bones, it's a-gonna turn around this month, and come June, Jr. and Smoke will be on top and in control. 

I've added Denny to my list of favorites - Virginia's home for him, isn't it? Wouldn't mind seeing him take a win in Richmond.....

Man, I have a whole new level of respect for Kyle Busch after this weekend.  The man is seriously tough - after those two consecuative spectacular wrecks, it looked like he was trying to get that broken 5 car back in the race before he'd give it up today.

Last edited on Mon Apr 30th, 2007 07:04 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Mon Apr 30th, 2007 01:39 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
31st Post
younglobo

Mana: 

I thought the overdrive worked out kinda well, course a am looking at it from the 24 camp LOL.

Still cant believe folks threw stuff on the track after being told they would be arrested if they did . Guess that would be add alcolhol instant idiot.

I was pullin for JR to Though win on Dad's B Day would of been a cool win.

Posted: Mon Apr 30th, 2007 01:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
32nd Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Yes, on to Richmond, indeed! I hated those last cautions. I know. I know. They were legit. But I still hated 'em! As soon as I saw that it was going to a green-white-checkers finish, I knew that Gordon would win. It just takes those cars too long to get up to speed in a plate race; the car leading the race will almost always win under those circumstances. If NASCAR wanted to give all the drivers a fair chance to finish under green at a plate race, they'd make it a three lap rather than a two lap shootout. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

Added: Yeah, stupid people, throwing things on the track. I heard some folks were cuffed and taken out. You can cheer or boo to your heart's content; that's why you pay the big bucks to see the race in person. But that doesn't give you the right to be a moron. :shock:

Last edited on Mon Apr 30th, 2007 01:42 am by kj3553

Posted: Mon Apr 30th, 2007 02:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
33rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

"But that doesn't give you the right to be a moron. :shock:"

Especially after Jr. asked you nicely not to be one!!!! 

Don't just put hand-cuffs on them, Strip them of their Red, I say!

(BTW, I'm a die-hard Smoke fan, but I wore red today.  Happy Birthday, Sr.)

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2007 02:44 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
35th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Yay! Qualifying tonight! GO JUNIOR!!

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2007 10:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
36th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Qualifying, hell yes, I'm there:  just me and The Speed Channel tonight.

But its getting kinda weird for me.  I like to have a "bad guy" as well as a "good guy" in about everything.  Well, when it comes to car makes, (as opposed to drivers) "Toyota" is my "bad guy" in any race, don't matter who is driving.  And, I'll admit, it's a quirk on my part.  I like The Big Three.  But if one had to argue American economy, pro'bly Toyota contributes as much to the American economy as the traditional American-made do these days.  Still, I really enjoy seeing Toyota's trounced.

I like Chevys best, but I'll take anything over a Toyota, in general principle.

But now, darnit, I want to have a "bad guy" that I can respect.  And the Toyota's just aren't doing that for me these days.  Besides, I think Michael Waltrip is a kick; I like Dale Jarret, and there is some gawky guy with a name like "almendinger", how can you not smile over that?

It is really bugging me that these guys just can't seem to "get in the race".. .Or if they do, stay there.

I may actually be reduced to pulling for a Toyota driver in qualifying. 

OK, I'll pull for Jarret.

May God have mercy on my soul, LOL!

Last edited on Fri May 4th, 2007 10:56 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 12:34 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
37th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Dammit - got to start looking at the schedule more carefully - got home, Dale Jarret's in a suit talking along with the annoucers, and it appears there's a race going on - I need to learn to multi-task better.

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 01:07 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
38th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Look at the light....come over to the bright side :P;)

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 01:30 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
39th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Dear Lord! 

THANK YOU JOE!

This one is getting scanned, blown up, and hung in my bedroom.

Yummy.

And, speaking of yummy, have you seen the Army Car-of-Tomorrow that Mark Martin drives?  I'm don't think that I have ever seen a better-looking car. Stunned me out-right.  He didn't do so good in it last time( I think 19th), but give him time and he'll get there.

Damn, post a picture of that car, and I'll say, things are getting awfully pretty around here.

Last edited on Sat May 5th, 2007 01:31 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 01:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
40th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Current time is 03:24 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2329 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 30 queries executed.