Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Dale Junior - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 01:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Things sure are getting purty - er make that pretty - around here.

Joe, I've got a grin from ear-to-ear. Thank you.

I don't think the picture looks as purty as the car, but WTH, I'm still grinning like a Chesire cat.  Did I spell that right?  Hell,  make it a Virginia kitty.  I know how to spell Virginia.

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 02:56 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
42nd Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

It's nice seeing Mark driving, if only part-time, and yes, that's one nice lookin' ride! It was also nice to see Junior qualify in a decent position instead of back in the pack.

JoanieReb, after reading your post about needing a "bad guy" I realize that we apparently think alike. I'm still "old school" about cars. I've driven a Chevy ever since I got my license. That's part of what drew me to Dale Earnhardt in the first place, some guy driving the same kind of car I drove, winning lots and lots of races. :D

But Toyota's doing so poorly, it's not even fun to cheer against 'em. And I like Michael Waltrip, think he's a fun guy. But his season's down the tube -- big time! Once again he failed to qualify. You could hear the disappointment in DW's voice this evening when his little bro failed to qualify -- again.

Guess if I want to do that, I'll have to watch the truck races. Hmmm...I guess I can always fall back on cheering against Jeff Gordon and Jimmy Johnson. ;)

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 02:59 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Seems a search for a bad guy is underway. May I nominate Kurt Busch? Half the driver is younger brother is, and twice the a**hole.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat May 5th, 2007 02:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

javal1 wrote: Seems a search for a bad guy is underway. May I nominate Kurt Busch? Half the driver is younger brother is, and twice the a**hole.
I will always remember Kurt Busch as the last person Dale Earnhardt flipped off. Anyone else recall that fateful Daytona 500? Early in the race, KB pulled a move that "distressed" Big E, and Earnhardt expressed his displeasure by sticking his arm out the window and giving Busch the bird. The announcers even ran a replay, joking about Earnhart "waving" at Busch. I figure if Kurt Busch was good enough for Dale to flip off, he's good enough for me to flip off, too. :D

Posted: Sun May 6th, 2007 02:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
48th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

After reading all the post on here I watched the Kentucky Derby .  What a race.  Then I switched channels to watch NASCAR  all I saw was rain.   I did learn about why they don't use rain tires.  That was interesting . 

Loved all the hats at the Derby.   I also loved how thrilled the jockey was and all the people hi fiving him and hugging him. That was cool. 

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2007 08:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
50th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Y'know, I'm wondering if we might be seeing a "changing of the guard" here.  It sure ain't gonna happen overnight, but I've never found a driver that I like to watch the way I like to watch my own personal NASCAR hero, Smoke.  However, lately, Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin have really been worming their ways into my sad and jaded heart.  Kyle, at a very rapid pace....

And, I thought this was kinda telling -

Generally speaking, my 14-year-old daughter tolerates my affection for NASCAR, as long as it doesn't interfere with her life.  Well, a week ago Saturday, she walked in on the race just as Kyle Busch had his first spectacular crash of the weekend, and was duly impressed with the specatacle until she found out that it was Kyle Busch, at which point her face turned white and she sat down hard and began making distress sounds. 

Then, Yesteray, during the last 28 laps of the race, she comes in, cuddles up next to me on the couch, and proceeds to cheer with great conviction for both Kyle and Denny.  Then watches the post-race interviews and annouces that she prefers Kyle to Denny, Kyle's her driver now.  AND THEN, she wants to see the points standings!!!!

I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and relocate it properly, but I got me a little NASCAR fan.  Thank you, Kyle Busch.

Well, one thing, it's gonna be a long time before anyone overtakes Jr. as The Sexiest (and Most Charismatic) Man in NASCAR. 

I just wish the day would come when I could look at my hero, Smoke, without wondering "why does he remind me of a garden gnome?"  Guess I don't pick 'em on looks, ROFL.

Last edited on Mon May 7th, 2007 11:45 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2007 10:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
51st Post
medicboymatt

Mana: 

JoanieReb said:

"I just wish the day would come when I could look at my hero, Smoke, without wondering "why does he remind me of a garden gnome?"  Guess I don't pick 'em on looks, ROFL."

Yeah, Joanie, not to sound catty or anything, but I've seen some of the guys you've fallen for, and with only one exception, over the years I've wondered "OMG! What is going on in this girl's head?" LOL!

Posted: Mon May 7th, 2007 10:48 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
52nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Heck, you think Smoke is funny, you ought to get a look at that guy I married.

Like I said, guess I don't choose 'em on looks, ROFL.

Now, let us please refrain from further hi-jacking of this thread.  I hold NASCAR sacred, and wish not to lead this thread into the realm of the profane.

Last edited on Mon May 7th, 2007 10:54 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Tue May 8th, 2007 12:48 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
53rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Anyone besideds me watch these NASCAR on SPEED (SPEED channel) Monday evenings?  I'm getting a lot out of them.  Micheal Waltrip is a real character, too.

Posted: Sat May 12th, 2007 03:19 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
54th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Kinda lonely with no roundie-round fans 'round tonight.

Been waiting for the Jr. fans to say what they think of the latest developments.

Hope you saw the race tonight, Mr. Joe.  Your man did mighty good.  I really think he would have won it if it hadn't been for all those cautions the last 17 laps.  I'll admit, those last eight laps I forgot about everyone else on the track and pulled for him as hard as I ever have for anyone.  Heck of a guy and heck of a driver...

Posted: Sat May 12th, 2007 03:50 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
55th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Joanie no cable here so I don't see alot of things others do.  I have been introduced to NASCAR by a friend.  I am not an avid fan but do tend to watch when a big race is on regular tv.  I saw that Dale Jr. is looking for a new ride.  Interesting.

Posted: Sat May 12th, 2007 04:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
56th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

JoannieReb,

I won't get to watch my first race this year until TNT takes over the broadcasts from FOX. Think that's about mid-June. We lost FOX just before the season began. There are only two sports - NFL and NASCAR, so this has been a very tough few months. Listening on the radio or watching replays just doesn't cut it....

Posted: Sat May 12th, 2007 05:05 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
57th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't see it, Mr. Joe.

Mr. Martin was masterful.  His driving was....beautiful to watch. 

I think there was a record number of cautions tonight, and I think the last two cautions really worked against him.  He was in third and in control with 17 laps to go, and he only got to use eight for racing - the race was red-flagged just to let the drivers have those.  So, he came in second. 

During the many cautions, ESPN worked in bits of interviews with some of the drivers, including Mr. Martin.  He's something special, for sure.

Posted: Sat May 12th, 2007 03:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
58th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Sorry to have been away a couple of days, but like so many, I am looking forward to seeing where Junior ends up. I've got Speed, Fox and ESPN with my cable package, so am able to keep up with most things. Thursday morning, my whole family was glued to the TV watching the press conference!

As for the breakup between Junior and DEI -- or should I now call it TEI? -- I was surprised, yet not surprised. For all these months, there had been really nothing as far as progress of any sort to report. I understand Junior's frustration, and know this had to be one helluva decision for him to make. Now that the decision to leave has been made, I suspect that a lot of pressure's off and he'll be able to concentrate more on driving. I don't care what anyone says, on-going, contentious contract negotiations do not make for good drivers.

And I don't know how others feel, but I'm hoping he ends up with Childress.

Posted: Sun May 13th, 2007 09:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
59th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Thank you, Kj.  I am grateful for your opinion.

I can't really respond, as right now, it is the end of the Darlington race, and I don't whether to cry or cry.

I think that Basecat just took this catagory back into "Movies that make men cry", and I think that is an awfully good thread.  So, I feel kinda bad about posting here and detracting from that particular thread, and urge everyone following these catagories to go back to the "movies that make men cry" thread.

PS - Joe, Your Man is The Man!  My Daddy died early, so I have a weakness for "father figures" and try to stear clear of them for my own silliness's sake.  But, Damn, Mark Martin is More Than Worthy.

Posted: Mon May 14th, 2007 01:28 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
60th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

I liked Tony Stewarts Take on JR Leaving DEI "without JR DEI is a museum"

I also like the TEI LOL

I just find it hard to believe that SR did not Put something in his will about JR and his part of the buisness if something should happen to him. I think SR would be really dissappointed in his widow .

Current time is 12:32 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2109 seconds (13% database + 87% PHP). 30 queries executed.