Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Dale Junior - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 14th, 2007 01:51 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
61st Post
younglobo

Mana: 

REB ... looks like u are gonna have to tolerate Kyle some huh Cool that your daughter and you can share something.

My wife watches NASCAR some used to watch more when TX terry raced , now she cheers for Jamie Mcmurry LOL but she just thinks hes cute.

I do have a 13 month old son that I am doing my best to make a 24 fan (brainwashing lol is a fathers right LOL) he and i were watchin the Darlington race today and he starts yellin GO, GO, GO like dad at the TV.

OH and By the way GO 24 .. the boy was awful last year and now with the new supermodel wife and baby he is on a mission , is it because he is worried about paying alamonie ( i know i misspelled that ) to Brooke or keeping his new supermodel wife in the tax bracket she's accustom to or paying for that new baby that is making him runs so good. either way she needs to get pregnant at the start of every race season. LOL

Posted: Mon May 14th, 2007 10:49 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
62nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Thanks for the posts, Younglobo,

Really enjoyed them, and will respond later!  Hey - does it get boring to see your driver win so often, ROFL.

There are a lot of excellent posts relating to history on the CWi board, and here I am, back on the NASCAR thread.  But that's just because, well, I walked in from work and caught an annoucement on ESPN:  Jr.'s facing some sort of VERY serious punishment because of an infringement in the Darlington race?

Well, this was serendipitious:  I had an 11:00 am meeting cancelled last Thrusday, so I came home - and as is my habit, hit the sports channels before I did anything else, and so got in on the live telecast of Jr.'s press conference.  Was enthralled, watching his outward composure mixed with his inward emotion, both plain to be seen. 

One thing that kept hitting me was how there was how an inward "cringe" kept showing in his eyes when he talked about possible "bad feelings" amongst his crew.

Then, I saw another interview with him over the weekend, where his words were all controlled, but he mentioned that he understood bad feelings amongst his crew, and his eyes were not so light-hearted at all.  And, I started thinking, OMG, what must it be like to run with a crew that is angry at you?  Your life is in their hands.  Even if they think they will do you no wrong, well, won't their anger work out, even unconsciously, one way or another?  I was actually afraid for Jr.'s well-being on the race-track.  I sure wouldn't want to have my life depend on someone who wasn't feeling kindly towards me.

Now, This.  Don't know the whole story yet, but saw:

D.E. Jr. defending Tony Jr., saying he (D.E. Jr.) is sure it was just a mistake on Tony Jr.'s part.

Well, I don't know the whole story.  But, well, shit.....

Posted: Fri May 18th, 2007 06:12 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
63rd Post
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

this just in......... Jr signs with Hendrick,,,,, oh how I wish. Only kidden 3 fans, but seriously, the national suicide rate will quadruple if Jr would sign with Hendrick.

But as a 24 fan, and loven the season btw, I would love to welcome Jr and his fans out from the dark side. We can brake bread,, and win races together,, as teamates.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 02:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
65th Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

i'm still in disbelief.  how can stepmomma be so foolish ?  she just killed the company. even if she doesn't trust junior and truly believes he lacks the judgement to lead DEI, so what ?  Dale formed the company for the children, and certainly intended for junior to eventually take over.  i have to wonder if stepmomma got her advice from the same folks who've been helping out the administration.

I'm reminded of that old saying, about a person biting off their nose to spite their face. (Yeah, it's something my dear granny used to say to me.) It sounds like that is exactly what Mrs. E did to her step-son. I had a hunch negotiations would go sour when she made those comments in the newspaper about Jr. deciding if he wants to be a celeb or a race car driver.

Huh? You mean...he can't be both? ;)

As for the thought of Jr. signing with Hendrick? At least he'd get good cars and good engines. Jeff isn't my favorite driver, but I know that he and Junior are friends and would probably work good together.

I can't remember where I read it the other day, probably an online article somewhere, but the writer was detailing how DEI has fallen way behind in areas like testing and R&D. The first thought that came into my mind? Mrs. E didn't want to give up any of the corporate profits. Newsflash! You gotta spend money to make money! That's why teams like Gibbs and Hendricks are leaving DEI in the dust. I don't care how good a driver you are, if your car isn't up to snuff, there's only so much you can do with it.

And then there's this whole illegal bracket business. I guess if it doesn't rain, it pours!

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 03:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
66th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

yep poor JR had a bad week first we leaves his fathers buisness cause his step mom is a ditz , now the crew messes up and gets him fined 100 points , possibly the last time he will have to win a championship for dad's CO.

I dont know if JR will go to Hendrick camp who would they get rid of? Or would they add a car?

Basically if JR wants to win championships and races but still drive a chevy he has 3 choices 1) Hendrick 2) RCR  3) Gibbs  I would like to see him in any of the 3 teams but who knows.

Did anyone watch Wind Tunnel on speed this week ?  Rusty and DW are on and they and Dave Despain are comparing Wonderboy to Big E.

Does anyone have a XM radio and listen to Dialed in w/ claire B Lang ? My favorite radio show.

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 03:42 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
67th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

before I jet to a graduation party

What is your Alstar weekend race pick?

Open---- Clint Boyer

Race --- JEFF     GO GO GO 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Horse on Race

Tony Stewart

Posted: Thu May 31st, 2007 12:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
68th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Geez,

I leave for two whole series of races, venue-wise, and come back to nothing on this thread?

C'mon, Y'All are better that! ;):D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:.

Get your cool on, boogity boogity, boogity!

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 05:44 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
69th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

hey there , glad you are back.  I did watch Indy 500  last week end does that count?

Susan

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 06:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
70th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

It doesn't just count - it makes you Ultra-Cool, even if the race was a mess.

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 06:47 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
71st Post
susansweet

Mana: 

famly traditon.  On Memorial day my dad would go out to the garage and turn the radio on to the race.  Then he would start cleaning out the garage . He would put everything outside and sweep the whole floor out .  Then put each thing back in neatly.  Of course things would end up in the trash too.  All the time the radio would be broadcasting the zoooom zoooom of the race cars and the annoucer telling you what was happening.  I would go out and sit and watch and listen .  I would help when I could .  I t was always  a special day .  So even though he has been gone for 14 years I still at least listen to the race on the tv while I am doing other things.  I should be out in the garage cleaning like he did . 

Susan

Posted: Fri Jun 1st, 2007 09:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
72nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

News from qualifying: Junior's in the front row Sunday, he qualified second:cool::cool::cool:

Michael Waltrip qualified on time:shock::):D, so did Dale Jarret. 

Also - Cool family tradition, Susan!!

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 11:06 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
73rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Does anyone besides me want to see Juan Pablo Montoya do demolition derby?

Wow, that would be cool  - NASCAR DD to End the Season, let them all get their frustrations out!  I LOVE JuanPM for his honesty:  "It's just racing, Get Over It!". At the same time I am cursing him for a dirty... well, never mind. 

All the racers are so PC these days, they have their PR men and handlers.  Especially the new up-and-comers, so young, so "mature and self-possessed" in their comments.  They get eff'ed in a race and say just the right thing to make them Oh-so-charming (I'd LOVE to hear Denny Hamlin let off steam beyond the cameras)....

I'd LOVE to see the All-Star Challenge run as the last race of the season, ROFL.

Bad Joanie.  No cookie.

PS - open house season here, just got to see the last 27 laps of the Busch race.  Wish I'd recorded it!

Last edited on Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 11:15 pm by JoanieReb

Posted: Sun Jun 3rd, 2007 09:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
74th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

A sunday without a race really stinks the wife and kids think i should pay attention to them or something

A well will have to settle for setting the VCR for 12 eastern tommarow

Susan .. cool tradition on the indy race and cleaning LOL , the best thing i can see about Indy car is Danika  she is a looker :P

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2007 05:55 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
75th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Lets go racin on Monday boys!!!  Good luck to everyones driver.

Heard Carl Edward's wife dropped and broke his trophy, from satudays race  while taking it home . Opps  sorry dear :D

Last edited on Mon Jun 4th, 2007 05:57 pm by younglobo

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 10:39 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
76th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Seems a search for a bad guy is underway. May I nominate Kurt Busch? Half the driver is younger brother is, and twice the a**hole.
Just got a chance to watch the Nextel Dover race, and see the much-publicized incident between Tony and Kurt go down.   You're right, Joe.  Darn, Kurt made Tony look like a sweet little kitty-cat.....

the best thing i can see about Indy car is Danika  she is a looker :P

Have you seen Milka Dunno, the latest woman Indy car racer?  Now She'll bring some well-needed interest to the indy-car series, LOL:

Checked into the opening of the Milwalkee Mile (a lower-tier Indy race) after watching the Nextel repeat this afternoon.  There was a major pile-up in the first lap that left 5 cars out of the race for good.  And let me tell you, THE FAN went wild! :D

Just kidding - there were at least three people in the stands, they were just a litlle spread out....:shock::)

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2007 11:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
77th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Have you seen Milka Dunno, the latest woman Indy car racer?  Now She'll bring some well-needed interest to the indy-car series, LOL:

I should really google the name before commenting, but I THINK she's the one that is not only an extreme fox, but also an engineer with something like four master's degrees. Yum.... and I hate Indy car racing ;)

BTW - this Sunday, I get to watch my very first NASCAR race of the year. You have no idea what torture this has been. To make it even better , it's at Pocono, where I used to always have a live seat for the race. Life is good again.. (till pro football season - then life is great!)

Posted: Fri Jun 8th, 2007 03:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
78th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

REB .. Nascar put the smakdown on kurt pretty hard today took away 100 driver pts , fined $100,000.00 and put him on probabtion till 12-31 - 07 LOL couldnt happen to a nicer guy.

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2007 02:24 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
80th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

JDC-

Actually we just switched from DISH TV to DIRECT TV. Because we're so rural, dish took away all of our network channels (ABC,NBC, CBS & FOX). Direct could at least supply the first 3, but not FOX. Now that NASCAR  is on TNT, ESPN, & ABC for the rest of the year, I'm set. As long as these damn rain-shortened races stop ;) My first race this year and I only get 1/2 of a race....

Current time is 08:06 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.5549 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 27 queries executed.