Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Dale Junior - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2007 03:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
81st Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

As long as these damn rain-shortened races stop ;) My first race this year and I only get 1/2 of a race....

Joe,

I had a clever little sympathy package put together for you.  It included my regrets that you had to suffer thru yesterday -

then, as consolation, gave you Milka Dunno's (honest and true) extremely impressive academic credentials, then this:

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/Milka_Dunno.html

I am too worn out with A Mighty and Bad Bug right now to include the other stuff in detail,  so just worry about that last part....I am just warming you (and all the other interested bois out there)  up for her extraordinary academic credentials, which are very real -  as are her other assets, including her driving skills.  She placed 13th in the last race.  And, Milka Dunno in multlingual.... 

Last edited on Tue Jun 12th, 2007 05:36 am by JoanieReb

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Jun 15th, 2007 03:34 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
83rd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Last edited on Fri Jun 15th, 2007 03:46 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Fri Jun 15th, 2007 10:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
84th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

JDC

YOu are selling all your JR stuff just because he is driving for Hendricks now ??

I am guess i dont understand the reason, are you tired of the whole nascar thing or just mad because JR went to The dreaded Hendrick crew.

Posted: Sun Jun 17th, 2007 06:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
86th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Regarding "The Big Disillusionment",

I've just said in a couple of posts that I am so out-of-it from back surgery and pain meds that I shouldn't be posting.

But, hey, when was the last time that I've listened to my own good advice? :shock:

Anyway, give it a week.  Then another week. Then just one more.

Yeah, I think Junior might have got his ass pushed-or-drawn into "the dark-side", but he's all His Own Man - even if he gets his butt kicked by by his new Hendricks teammates (which I think is likely) - he is just trying to find his own destiny.  Maybe he weren't cut out to be The Great Driver;  he is still his daddy's son, and, in many ways (besides driving the left-turns), as much and as good, if not more and better. 

But, I think he finally has to find out for himself, Is he The Driver that he's made out to be, or not?  I cain't watch an interview with That Man (and Jr. is for sure a real grown-up man, not a little boy in a 30+ body) without liking him more than I like about any public figure in any walk of life.  The guy is REAL and very deep:  just watch his reaction when asked about going to Childress and driving the 3 (that keeps showing on every sports show this week).  No one can fake that sort of thing.  The guy speaks his own truth from his own heart.  And it don't all have to be about getting a championship in the name of Earnhardt.

Somehow, he is an icon, and he knows it, and feels the responsibility, and wants to still be be his own man without living in the Shadow of his Icon Daddy.  Watch him talk  (not just listen to his words but)  his eyes and attitude:  Junior is his own person, trying to figure out for real who he is himself, not just live up to and off his Earnhardt name, but in his own right. Still trying to make his daddy proud, even if it isn't on the race track.  I don't pull for him as a driver, but I sure do as a person, and that makes my short list of about three people that I do pull for in that sense.  So, sorry if I'm waxing way too whatever...I'd do the same without the drugs, just be a little more embarrassed, LOL!

I cain't imagine the guts it took to put himself on the line like that, joining Hendricks.  He will, for sure, find out if he is the driver whom deserves Junior Nation or not.  And, I think that he, as a person really needs to know that.  AND, he has the guts to find out!!!!!!

Think of it, he could have been beloved by a whole Junior Nation for ever, but he's saying, "I have to know, am I that good or not?"  Going with Hendricks, and against Jeff and Jimmie, will tell him - and everyone else, that.    He's got no excuses now. he either IS or ISN'T the Junior his fans want him to be.  WOW.  He has my total respect, laying himself on the line like that, for all to see.  Even if he doesn't earn my respect as a driver, he sure has earned it as a man.  No more illusions/disillusions, just the straight-forward truth now - can he drive with the great talent (which Jeff Gordon surely is, no matter how we feel about JG personally):  Junior is bringing it home.  Not playing with our affections anymore.  He either is or is not what we think he is as a driver.  As a man, I have no doubt that he is very special and walking his own line to self-realization.  Like he said, in the long run, he said he thinks his Daddy would be proud. What he didn't say, was:  It is his life, and he needs to find out about himself.  The myth vs. man. 

I fear for what is ahead for him as a driver. 

But I like him all the more for not hiding in the shadows anymore.  So, maybe he ain't really in the dark-side, but coming out of it?

Anyway, when it comes to the Yankee side of the sport and all, that is another topic.  This weekend, the boys are running the roundie-round 50 miles from where I reside right now.  More on that, later.

G'night from the mitten-shaped state where the boys will be going round-and-round again tomorrow.

(PS, if you get too depressed about it all, jest listen to Sterling Marlin talk and try to figure out what he's saying, LOL! - That boy jest must be from Tennessee!)

Last edited on Sun Jun 17th, 2007 10:40 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 04:17 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
87th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Wow,

Did anyone see "Wind Tunnell" on The Speed Channel tonight?

Darrell Waltrip was the guest speaker tonight, because he was The Only Person Whom had correctly predicted what would happen with Dale Earnhardt, Junior, from the beginning.

It seems to me, he said just what I said in the above post, about Junior and Hendricks and All.

Cool.

But I'm still wondering about Sterling...I think that the way he talks is Tennessee?  Whatever it is, I love it!!!!!!  Music to my ears.......

JoanieReb

Last edited on Tue Jun 19th, 2007 04:23 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Wed Jun 20th, 2007 04:40 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
88th Post
kj3553
Born in the wrong century

Mana: 

I must admit that I was secretly hoping for an Earnhardt/Childress deal, but in looking back, I can see where Junior wishes to be his own man, to step out from Daddy's shadow. As Junior said, racing for Childress is his father's legacy, and I can appreciate his not wanting to compete with that for many reasons, some of them no doubt very personal.

All right, so I'm not a Gordon fan. Nor am I a Johnson fan. I enjoy booing them, and wishing them an ill-handling car, or a flat tire at an inopportune time. At the same time, they are winners. Love 'em or hate 'em, you can't take that away from either of them.

Hendrick's got the winningest team these days. Junior wants to find out if he really has "the right stuff" to be a championship. If I were in his place, going to Hendrick would have been a no brainer. That they have a connection that goes back many years doesn't hurt, either.

When I watched the press conference, and saw the look of sheer joy on Dale's face, I said to myself, "If he's happy, then I'm happy for him."

As the old saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So I'm waiting for next year's Daytona 500, looking forward to seeing a #24, #48 and (hopefully) #8 hookup that leads Junior to the front of the pack. I'll cheer for the first two only so long as they help Junior to the front; after that, all bets are off. They can cut a tire, run out of gas, or otherwise mess up, leaving Junior in Victory Circle.

Posted: Wed Jun 20th, 2007 03:54 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
89th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Kj

Welcome to the darkside , and kudos on your good attitude more JR fans could use it.

Posted: Wed Jun 20th, 2007 10:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
90th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

Actually, the only reason I came over to the dark side is because I heard you guys have cookies!! :D 

I just hope that a deal can be made that will allow Junior to have the #8. Of course, with Mommy Dearest involved, I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand, Max Seigel said that a possible monetary deal could be reached regarding that issue, leaving the door open for some kind of arrangement. After all, it was Dale's grandfather's number, not Theresa's.

And JoanieReb, your ears do not betray you. Sterling's from Columbia, Tennessee.

Posted: Thu Jun 21st, 2007 01:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
91st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

BTW, Sterling is also a HUGE Civil War buff, and has been known to show up at southern tracks a day or two early so that he can tromp the nearby battlefields.

Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2007 09:26 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
93rd Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

OK, someone verify this... did I here it said during today's NASCAR race that my man Mark Martin will be joining the DEI team next year??? And may possibly drive the #8 car??? Can the Gods of NASCAR possibly be this unfeeling to me? The premiere gentleman driver jockeying a mere cretins car! Somebody tell me it's not true so I can remove the razor blade from my wrist...

Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2007 10:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
94th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

OK, Joe, it's not true.

But that's not true.

Check this out from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/columns/story?seriesId=2&columnist=newton_david&id=2950278

In the words of the immortal Homer Simpson, "DOH!"

Last edited on Sun Jul 29th, 2007 10:37 pm by PvtClewell

Posted: Sat Sep 22nd, 2007 02:31 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
95th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

So Has everyone heard the Jr will be driving the 88 mountain dew/ National guard car next year. Least all of them tatooed 8 fans have to do is add another 8 to thier arm LOL. I drive truck for a living and told the same to a drive I saw yesterday with the side of his truck painted to look like JR's race car he was not impressed LOL. Do like the fact that JR new sponsor is not a adult beverage little kids wearing JR stuff just didnt look right to me.

Posted: Mon Oct 29th, 2007 12:36 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
96th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

I personally think Dale Sr. was the best driver out there. I think since Jr. is switching teams he will win more races. I myself am a Jimmie Johnson fan. I am going to hate it if Jeff Gordon wins the Nextel Cup this year. I wish someone would push Gordon and them Bush brothers in a wall!!!!

Posted: Thu Jan 17th, 2008 04:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
97th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

So, how many of you are counting down to Daytona? Just wondering. I know, I've been gone for quite a while. I hope to be around a bit more often.

Posted: Fri Jan 18th, 2008 01:34 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
98th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

So good to hear from you again, kj!

Just got back from a two weeks + absence, and sure am glad to see you posting to a NASCAR thread!

I'm in such severe NASCAR withdrawl it ain't funny at all!  Seriously.  Cain't wait for Feb. 7th, when the Speed channel starts up its 100 hours High Definition count-down to the new season, might shoot myself if I had to wait for Daytona....

All the things that usually hold me thru the off-season (outlaw, pro-light, rally, and what-else-have-you that isn't open-wheel) seem unusually scarce these past two months - I'm banging my head against the wall with no Dakar this year.... 

Arghhhhhhhhhhh. 

I recorded some of the best races from last season, but since I know how they go, re-watching them (for the third time) is doing nothing for me.  Have considered continuing to bang my head against the wall until I have a severe enough concussion to not recognize them, so they seem a bit fresh, but unfortunately, that might interfere with other things in my life.

Remind me just to hibernate between seasons next year.

Joanie

Posted: Fri Jan 18th, 2008 03:35 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
99th Post
PvtClewell

Mana: 

JOANIE!!!! You're back!!!!

It's been so long since you last posted I thought you were hibernating.

Well, there's always the NFL playoffs to fill the void, you know. That's what the NASCAR off-season is for anyway, isn't it? In fact, it's a good thing the NASCAR off-season lasts only 12 months a year or else I suspect you'd really be a wreck (kind of like the position that Little E fella always seemed to find himself in last year), huh? ;)

Come to think of it, that does explain a lot, doesn't it? :D

Are you back here for keeps or will you be returning to the cave for a few more weeks?

Posted: Fri Jan 18th, 2008 04:14 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
100th Post
kj3553

Mana: 

JoanieReb, you are so funny, but please! Don't hurt yourself. You must be sure you are well enough to be ready for Speed Weeks and all the hoopla associated with the Daytona 500.

Me? I'm having fantasies of Junior winning the 500. Do you think that could come true? He had a pretty damn good practice session down there, and I can honestly say that I have not seen him look so relaxed, so happy as he is now in a very long time.

As I've said before, I'll be cheering for Junior's new teammates, Jeffie and Jimmy, just so long as they help Junior to the front. After that? I'll be waiting for Junior to leave them standing in his dust as he dashes across the finish line first!!

Current time is 04:00 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3729 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 28 queries executed.