Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

Dale Junior - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page  
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2007 03:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
David White

Mana: 

If you already eight, why are you hungry ;)

Sorry couldn't resist poking fun at a left turn fanatic.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2007 05:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

JDC

So you think it is a bad thing that Jeff took the 3 flag around the track to honor Dale SR. ?? I am a 24 fan and dont understand this thinking if that is what you are saying , have heard this therory on various shows and  just dont get it.

Posted: Wed Apr 25th, 2007 11:40 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

I'm a Tony Stewart fan myself.:cool:

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 03:13 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
Steven Cone

Mana: 

NASCAR  just isnt  the same without Dale Sr.   I remember the days when the drove the Wrangler  blue and yellow ride.

My Dad  worked for Blue Bell which was the parent company of Wrangler at the Time. Wrangler had a sky box at Talladega and we would get tickets to the Arca races on Saturday before the 500. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Dale Sr. on a few occasions  long before the Silver & Black.

Still have my autographs packed  away.

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 07:57 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

and Steve I on the other hand have Duke Snider and Don Drysdale's.  autographs . 

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 11:42 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

JDC  the two men mentioned are my childhood heroes in baseball.  They were Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers and now members of the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown New York.  Duke grew up in the same town I did and was the hometown hero.  

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 01:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
11th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

And I would have guessed Duke Snyder was a jockey. Which reminds me, the Kentucky Derby is coming up. Does anyone think this will finally be the year we have a Triple Crown winner?

Oh boy--I may have just highjacked this thread. (Sorry, Javal. )Does anybody think Waltrip will ever get back into NASCAR this year or is this just his unluckiest year ever?

Last edited on Thu Apr 26th, 2007 01:04 pm by CleburneFan

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 04:27 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
12th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

JDC Duke Snider was one of the great home run kings and center fielders at the same time Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle.   He held the record for the most home runs hit in the World series and the most times hitting four home runs in the World Series.   The Dodgers retired his number 4 when he retired.    Because Duke was from Compton where I grew up  we all knew about him.  The local sports writer was a friend of his .  His sons were in cub scouts with my brother .  All the scouts got an autographed ball one Christmas.  I got in line when they were passing them out figuring I was his biggest fan there should be one for me.  I was told boys only!!!  Well the best part is several years later when the Dodgers had moved to Los Angeles and the sports writer knew what a big fan I was of the Duke.  He got me a personalized signed baseball from Duke Snider for my birthday.  I never let my brother hear the end of that one.   Oh and the man also got me a autographed game ball from thefirst  World series the Dodgers won in Los Angeles.  I can't remember how many Hall of Famers are on that ball.  At least four.  

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 04:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
13th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

JDC Duke Snider was one of the great home run kings and center fielders at the same time Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle.   He held the record for the most home runs hit in the World series and the most times hitting four home runs in the World Series.   The Dodgers retired his number 4 when he retired.    Because Duke was from Compton where I grew up  we all knew about him.  The local sports writer was a friend of his .  His sons were in cub scouts with my brother .  All the scouts got an autographed ball one Christmas.  I got in line when they were passing them out figuring I was his biggest fan there should be one for me.  I was told boys only!!!  Well the best part is several years later when the Dodgers had moved to Los Angeles and the sports writer knew what a big fan I was of the Duke.  He got me a personalized signed baseball from Duke Snider for my birthday.  I never let my brother hear the end of that one.   Oh and the man also got me a autographed game ball from thefirst  World series the Dodgers won in Los Angeles.  I can't remember how many Hall of Famers are on that ball.  At least four.  

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2007 07:34 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
14th Post
64thNYDrummer

Mana: 

Chances of a triple crown winner this year are slim and none and slim is on his way out of town. too many good horses who have been taking turns beating each other, Street Sense, No Biz Like Showbiz, Cirqular Quay, Pletcher has a couple more whose names I can't remember at the moment, only aminal that might step up is the Asmussen runner, that won at Oaklawn in only his 4th race, think his name is Curin or something like that.

Dennis Conklin

Posted: Fri Apr 27th, 2007 06:58 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
16th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

I don't follow baseball like I did when I was a kid , JDC .  It isn't as much "fun".  I did for a while follow a cousin that was in the minors.  That is closer to "real" baseball.  I actually got to be his guest a few times but that was over 10 years ago now.  He was from Kirkland Washington , the team that beat Tiwan and won the Little League World Series about 20 years ago now.  Oh I have an autographed ball from those boys too as I helped support the team.  I have a real one before they started signing each other's names to the ball. 

I haven't been to a Dodger or Angel game in years.  Still watch the World Series but not like in the days of Maris, Mantle , Duke and Willie , Drysdale and Koufax.  Ted Williams, Eddie Matthews and Stan Musial. 

I use to the official teacher of Seaview Little League in Huntington Beach.  went to a game every evening and all day Saturday for several years.  Several of those boys ended up playing minor league ball, one is the baseball coach and history teacher at the high school.  Now those kids could play ball. 

Posted: Fri Apr 27th, 2007 02:24 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
17th Post
David White

Mana: 

I think I still have my Duke Snider baseball card from his second to last year in the majors with the New York Mets of all teams.  He ended his career playing for that the Dodger-hated Giants team in 64.

Posted: Fri Apr 27th, 2007 08:28 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
18th Post
64thNYDrummer

Mana: 

OK JDC I will go out on a limb and take the gelding, Dominican at a price, I alwaws take a hard look at any horse Bejarano gets on, and especially at Churchill since Pat Day retired, I like the horse too, but I have to get a price, at least 10/1 and I would like 15/1.

Mr David I had forgotten that the hated Snyder had beed allowed to wear the orange and black, sorry you reminded me.

Dennis

Posted: Sat Apr 28th, 2007 01:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
20th Post
64thNYDrummer

Mana: 

JDC: It was the ligthtly racede Asmussen runer with Robby Alberado up, I think Robby has ridden him in all four of his races. Not sure of the spelling but his name is Curain or something close to that.

Dennis

Current time is 10:17 pmPage:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page  

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3873 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 31 queries executed.