Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

On a personal note.... - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 12:00 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Folks -

I really hope you will forgive this very personal post. Two years ago, at the start of my son's junior year in high school, he asked why neither Laurie or I have ever allowed our picture to be published in our own magazine. I, being my normal smart-ass self, told him not to worry about it, but I promised that if he graduated High School as valedictorian, we'd publish his. Well, in 2 hours, he is going to do just that. So folks, congratulations to the Clarksburg High's 2007 valedictorian ( and soon to be UT Honor's Program student), my son Dave. And since I know you read this board Dave, I'm proud of you....

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 04:54 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Congrats to all three of you.  He looks like a fine young man and I can bet tomorrow night there will be a few tears of pride in your eyes for your son.  He has done well and I am sure will continue to do so. 

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 05:03 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Basecat

Mana: 

Joe and Laurie,

Wow.  Congratulations to David on his achievements, and it is hard for me to think this is the same kid I met at the first Chat Room Muster at Shiloh back in 1999. I guess my favorite memory of SoX was at Gettysburg many years ago.  I can still see him running towards the flank marker on the first day's field as we all stood by the monument to Buford there. :)

SoX with a goatee. :)  Boy are we getting old quickly.  :)

Way to go Dave, and I know how proud your folks are of you!

Regards from the Garden State,

Steve

You have chosen to ignore ks. click Here to view this post

You have chosen to ignore JDC Duncan. click Here to view this post

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2007 03:00 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Congratulations. It is a privilege to get to see your son. So he is going to UT. Oh, boy! I'm a "Fightin' Gator." Anyway, I know you feel very proud and who wouldn't. What a happy event! Hubby and I wish your son all the very best at UT. 

Current time is 01:59 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1555 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 27 queries executed.