Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

JR TO HENDRICK - Idle Chit-Chat - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2007 08:52 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

For Earnhardt Jr., all signs point to Hendrick in 2008
Announcement regarding future to come on Wednesday
By David Caraviello, NASCAR.COM
June 12, 2007
03:23 PM EDT

Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr., racing together as teammates -- it's a powerhouse combination of megawatt marketability that could become reality at Hendrick Motorsports as soon as Wednesday.

Earnhardt has scheduled an 11 a.m. ET news conference at his JR Motorsports shop in Mooresville, N.C., during which he will announce his plans for next season, according to a team spokesman. Sources have indicated to NASCAR.COM that those plans center on Hendrick Motorsports, the most successful organization in Nextel Cup this season, with 10 race victories in 14 starts.

Junior leaving DEI
Dale Earnhardt Jr. announced he will leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of this season.
Hendrick, with six total championships on NASCAR's premier series, would fit with Earnhardt's desires to drive for a contender and to continue to pilot Chevrolets. The Hendrick team also had ties to Earnhardt's late father, who shook down the first car the organization ever built, and was behind the wheel when team owner Rick Hendrick recorded his first NASCAR victory in a Busch race at Charlotte in 1983. Earnhardt Jr.'s car sponsor, Budweiser, also appeared on Hendrick cars in the mid-1990s.

Mike Davis, communications director for JR Motorsports, would confirm only that Wednesday's announcement concerned Earnhardt's plans for 2008 and beyond. A spokesman for Hendrick Motorsports declined to comment. Earnhardt has been looking for a new ride since he announced his plans to split from Dale Earnhardt Inc. when his contract expires at the end of this season.

Earnhardt and his manager, sister Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, have spoken with a number of unspecified team owners since the driver's impending departure from DEI was announced May 10. Three Chevy teams -- Hendrick, Richard Childress Racing, and Joe Gibbs Racing -- emerged as frontrunners, with Ginn Racing lurking as a dark horse.

But Childress, owner of the team that fielded cars for Earnhardt's father, was on a hunting expedition Tuesday in New Zealand, and not expected to return until the end of the week. The Gibbs team has expressed unease with the presence of a beer sponsor, as well as the idea of a rapid expansion to a fourth team. Team president J.D. Gibbs is also out of the office this week on vacation, according to his assistant.

Yet the addition of Earnhardt would likely force Hendrick to move one of its drivers, since the team is already at NASCAR's impending four-car limit, and has four drivers under contract beyond this season. Asked by reporters last month whether his team could accommodate Earnhardt, Hendrick said there was "no room at the inn."

But now, apparently, there may be. The contract of Hendrick driver Kyle Busch expires after the 2008 season, and The Associated Press reported Tuesday that Busch may have asked to be let out of his deal.

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 06:45 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Old Sorrel,

Thank you for the very wonderfully well-put-together post.

I heard the news last night, Oh Boi....

Was really hoping Junior would go with Gibbs:  Then, I could've been 100% behind  a whole team, not just pulling for my Individual Favorites, of which I have a "short-list" (guys whom I am always happy to see win, and will never pull against).

Missed the press conference because of work today and church tonight, and forgot to pick up tape for recording the press conference - but, Junior is truly smart and deep and sincere, (and extremely well-managed, in terms of PR),  so I imagine that if I'd seen the press conference, I'd feel a lot better about this move than I do  right now.  Geez, Junior's so charismatic, he could  even convert me to a Hendricks/JeffGorden/JimmieJohnson/Dale EarnhardtJr.  team.  But, I missed the press conference, so without Jr.'s charisma to convince me, I remain sad.

This move hurts me somehow.  Like watching a monopoly being formed in such a way that we might just as well just watch competion within The Hendricks Team, and forget about The Very Talented Others, whom might become underdogs in terms of having to deal with The Hendrick's Machine.  Not that I am putting the Hendrick's Machine down, it is upping the ante on spectacular racing.

And, Kyle Busch got sent out?  Lord, this will be interesting. 

Personally, I want to give someone the bayonet, and it might even me, because I am just sad about all this right now.   I bet this is the beginning of a "New Dynasty" in racing.  That hurts, I don't like monopolies and I do like underdogs. 

Oh, well, now EVERYBODY wins:  The Red Army, the Gordon fanatics, the JJ wildcats. 

I like Underdogs, myself.  I just cain't go with Hendricks now, even though I bet that they will "dominate the sport" and "make racing history" and Blahblahblah.  So that, 30 years form now, we will be looking back at "The Hendrick's Stable" with worship.

Me, I'm going with The Stronger Individuals: Tony, Kyle, and Denny.

That's just how it feels to me right now.

God Bless DaleJunior , may he achieve his racing dream.

Last edited on Thu Jun 14th, 2007 08:18 am by JoanieReb

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 03:46 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
younglobo

Mana: 

REB

I thought it was awsome , I am a big Gordon Fan and got hooked on JR when he was in the busch series so alot of folks wondered how i rooted for both NOW I dont have to hear that anymore . Guess i am lucky I drive truck and work in the office at a trucking CO. so I heard the whole conference on XM Radio.    I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER LOL

Last edited on Thu Jun 14th, 2007 03:48 pm by younglobo

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 04:02 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

I like it because it serves to put 3 of my 4 LEAST favorite drivers on the same team (Jr., Gordon and Stewart). Now, if "Smoke" would just join Hendrick, I'd be a happy camper. :P

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 04:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
5th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

In the light of day I feel better, took the whole damn things too seriously. 

No, Joe, No Smoke to Hendricks, we need someone out there to kick the hendricks guys asses!

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 05:17 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
6th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

Javal and Reb

I just have one thing to say

"embrace the darkside"

LOL

Bring it on Slowpokes

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 07:11 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
7th Post
Old Sorrel

Mana: 

This is the opportunity of a life time. Fans of Hendrick Motorsports excepting new membership applications. Hurry this oppotuntity wont last long. This is the most comprehensive plan Nascar has to offer. Where else can you get, not just 1, not just 2, but 3 all star drivers in one membership. Thats right,, 3 all star drivers. No other membership has this quality to offer. But you must hurry, this offer wont last long,, So join the best, The Fans Of Hendrick Motorsports.

And if you act now, you get the bonus driver of the up and coming Casey Mears. Wow what a deal! You'll get, Jeff Gordon-(4 time champ,soon to be 5)' Jimmie Johnson-(2007 champ) and Jr-( soon to be a champ). And the bonus driver of Casey Mears! ACT NOW!

Hendrick Motorsports Membership Application

Please complete all areas below legibly, in ink, and return with old racing    memorabilia

Jeff, Jimmie, and Jr Nation

P.O. Box 244808

Hendrich, TX. 084824

Type of Application (check one):

New: _______ Renewal: ______ Former Member: ______ Change of RACING TEAM:_____

Personal Information (Please complete release statement below):

Title (e.g.; Ms. Dr) Last name First Name MI

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Position (e.g.; JR, JG, JJ, CM) Type of FAN: hard core, every so often, new fan ( _____________________________________________________________

Nascar Races Attended  (if applicable): ______________________________________________________________________

Graduation date _____________________ Degree/certificate awarded:___________________________

Mailing address:____________________________________________________

Street address and apartment number

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________ ___________________________________________________

City State Zip

Phone (including area code):

Home: ( _____ ) __________________________

Office: ( _____ ) __________________________

E-mail address:_______________________________________________________________

Applying for which category of Membership? (Check one)

Note: Memberships are due on January 1st.of 2008.

Old Sorrel

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 08:16 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
8th Post
JoanieReb

Mana: 

Hahahahahhhhhaaaaaa.  Thank, Old Sorrel.

Younglobo:  It's time for the Gibbs team to step up to the plate and kick some Hendricks butt.  They've got the drivers and they've almost got the cars - bring on 2008, and we shall give Henricks the NASCAR bayonnet!  Or go up in smoke trying.

Wonder if there's any chance that Kyle will go to Gibbs.....that would be cool.

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 08:53 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
9th Post
younglobo

Mana: 

ok OLD Sorrel you have WAY to much free time LOL , but that was good

Reb ... I dont like the bush boys much , did think it was funny when kurt had his ears pinned though. They need to go back to the desert IMO . was kinda sorry that Hendrick kicks LIL bush out to get LiL E but who can blame him.

Current time is 12:14 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3529 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 25 queries executed.