Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Civil War News/ Press Releases > VA man Donates Rare CW Photos To Library of Congress

VA man Donates Rare CW Photos To Library of Congress - Civil War News/ Press Releases - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 6th, 2010 07:23 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Michael F. Blake

Mana: 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/02/AR2010100201985.html?wprss=rss_metro/va

This is a fascinating story.  This man has collected over 700 portrait photos of US & Confederate soldiers, as well as civilians.  An amazing array of people from that period.

The newspaper article has some of the photos in a gallery you can view.

If you want to see MORE photos, try the Library of Congress website link here.  It is a vast array.  You can click on one photo to enlarge it.

http://www.loc.gov/pictures/search/?q=%22AMB%2FTIN%22+Liljenquist&st=grid

I found myself looking at some of these innocent faces and wondering how many of them survived the terrible carnage............

Posted: Wed Oct 6th, 2010 09:10 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
LiveVegan

Mana: 

Michael F. Blake wrote:  
I found myself looking at some of these innocent faces and wondering how many of them survived the terrible carnage............

That is pretty sad when you put it that way. 

Posted: Thu Oct 7th, 2010 05:18 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
Mark

Mana: 

Thanks for the links. It was pretty sobering looking through the LOC photographs.

-Mark

Current time is 06:27 pm
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Civil War News/ Press Releases > VA man Donates Rare CW Photos To Library of Congress

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2941 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 25 queries executed.