Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

cobblers and other dessert - Food,Cooking and Gardening - The Lounge - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 02:31 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
1st Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Devils Den,

I make tons of stuff. I love to cook and am seriously considering culinary school.
being lactose intolerant I have to be cautious about the stuff I eat or I end up sick, so I make every thing I possibly can from scratch and that has pretty much cemented my love of cooking.

one particular thing I make my parents really love.
preheat oven to 400.

3 blocks of cream cheese
1 c. of sugar
3 eggs
3-4 tblsp. of vanilla extract

1 Duncan Hines brownie mix

blend cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs together and pour in a greased (I use spray Pam) 9x13 pan and cook for 20 min and remove from oven.

mix brownies according to box directions and pour brownie batter over cheesecake and return to oven for 20 - 25 min.

don't eat to much of this at one time cause its kinda rich.

I've got all sorts of recipes for people with my problems and for people without or for people with diabetes. I cook for a wide variety of people so if anybody ever needs anything just ask, chances are I will have a recipe. I also cook real food.

Last edited on Tue Feb 24th, 2009 11:13 pm by Dixie Girl

Posted: Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 01:04 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
2nd Post
Devils Den

Mana: 

Dixie Girl,

Thanks for the fantastic dish!

Loved it-BUT-ate way too much, I may have to make your items in single serving sizes, they are hard to put down once you start eating.

How do you do your cooblers?  I will be trying all the things you post!

Devils Den

Posted: Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 05:29 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
3rd Post
susansweet3

Mana: 

Devils Den cobbler is about the easier thing  in the world to make.  When I was a member of the Cowboy cultural committee in Visalia  we made cobbler to sell at all kinds of events including the Fresno Civil War reenactment.  We would make about 50 cobblers a day which were made in dutch ovens and cooked over charcoal fires by the cowboys. 

I spent many days putting the contents in a cast iron dutch over and passing it on to one of the guys to put on the fire. 

a  cake mix , some canned peaches, a couple of pats of real butter and you are good to go.   I made so many I never want to see or taste one again.  Now one night one of the guys used blackberries and made a blackberry cobbler .  Instead of peaches he used the black berries.  Oh my was that good. 

Now the peach cobbler we would have people lined up in long lines to buy either with whipped cream or without. 

Made a lot of money for the Cowboy cultural committee that way.

Susan

Posted: Tue Feb 24th, 2009 12:48 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
4th Post
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Devils Den wrote: Dixie Girl,

Thanks for the fantastic dish!

Loved it-BUT-ate way too much, I may have to make your items in single serving sizes, they are hard to put down once you start eating.

How do you do your cooblers?  I will be trying all the things you post!

Devils Den

you are very much welcome DD!!! im glad u liked it.

i have several peach cobbler recipes for you to choose from. all are good but i like the last one the best

1 cup butter
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 1/2 cup water
2-13 oz can of sliced peaches in heavy syrupMelt butter. Mix all ingredients together except for peaches. Pour into 13x9x2 inch dish. Pour peaches over batter. Do not stir.Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until golden brown.

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 can (30oz) sliced peaches in corn syrup
1 tbs cinnamonPreheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in 9x13 casserole dish. Separate half cup sugar and all cinnamon; and separate out the peaches from the corn syrup.Mix 1 cup sugar and the other dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Stir in milk and corn syrup from peaches. Put peaches in casserole dish with melted butter. Pour batter over the top of the peaches. Mix cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar; sprinkle over top of mixture.
Bake at 350 45 min for 1hr or until top crust is golden brown.

1/4 lb. melted butter
1 c. white flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 c. milk
1 tbsp. cinnamon
10 med. peaches (sliced in 1/8ths)Combine flour, sugar, baking powder into mixing bowl. Mix dry ingredients with wire whip. Add 1 cup milk and mix thoroughly. Pour melted butter in 2 1/2 inch pan. Pour batter in the same pan. Layer sliced peaches covering entire batter. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the cobbler. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Last edited on Tue Feb 24th, 2009 11:14 pm by Dixie Girl

Current time is 09:57 am

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3018 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 26 queries executed.