Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Other Civil War Talk > How Do You Store Your CW Books and Magazines?

How Do You Store Your CW Books and Magazines? - Other Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Dec 20th, 2007 10:32 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
41st Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Bama . we had the same rule at the junior college I went to first. And it had to get pretty cold in California to talk the Dean of Women into letting us wear slacks. 

After that I went to the Conservative church school  Pepperdine college. long before the Malibu campus.  Founded by George Pepperdine of Western Auto  fame.  Really small school but there were good and bad sides to that .  Good professors knew who you were, bad professors knew who you were .   Good when my dad has his first stroke, they let me just leave for a week and make up class assignments and finals when I got back.  My mom was out of state with my grandmother . I only had to talk to one person and she said I will take care of it .  I came back and it was all taken care of.  No lost of grades at all (gave me time to finish the project I hadn't done yet .  Dad helped me!!!}

One thing I love about this forum is we are all ages and we seem to respect each others opinions.  He maybe a young'un but if I have a foot soldier or  weapons question I know who to ask first . . . Johann. 

Susan

You have chosen to ignore Bama46. click Here to view this post

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2007 12:52 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
43rd Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Think we will ever see him without a hat on?

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2007 04:04 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
44th Post
Don

Mana: 

Joe,

Speaking of reviews, I'd left you a PM a while back if you still need reviewers.  All of the students are gone for holiday break, and I actually have a (small) bit of time on my hands.

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2007 08:45 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
45th Post
39th Miss. Walker

Mana: 

Changing the subject just slightly.
I am curious as to what you do with your old books that are showing their age? Cracked covers, pealing spines, worn leather etc.
I have way too many to afford professional restoration, yet at the same time would like to be able to have them so I can at least pick them up without their covers falling off.
Ideas?

Posted: Fri Dec 21st, 2007 09:59 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
46th Post
susansweet

Mana: 

Walker for the paper back books I keep a roll of clear library tape handy and carefully tape them .  I also buy the clear book jackets from a local second hand bookstore, for I think 25 or 50 cents a piece so that the bookjackets don't get torn. 

Susan

Posted: Sat Dec 22nd, 2007 01:25 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
47th Post
39th Miss. Walker

Mana: 

Thanks Susan, I was more referring to hard cover.
I re-glue the soft cover books with rubber cement, works well and is reversible, and like you a little tape here and there. Many of my books are from the 1840's to the early 1900's with leather bindings, marble boards etc. Some will get full restorations, hopefully soon, some are not economically feasible. Like the entire set of "Papers of the Presidents".

Current time is 10:22 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
Civil War Interactive Discussion Board > Civil War Talk > Other Civil War Talk > How Do You Store Your CW Books and Magazines?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3319 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 26 queries executed.