Civil War Interactive Discussion Board Home
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

This Day in the Civil War - Union Bias - Other Civil War Talk - Civil War Talk - Civil War Interactive Discussion Board
 Moderated by: javal1 Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
 New Topic   Reply   Printer Friendly 
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 4th, 2011 01:11 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
21st Post
susansweet2

Mana: 

Thank you Joe.  As usual you shot them down.  flamers are not needed here.

Susan

Posted: Wed May 4th, 2011 01:23 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
22nd Post
Albert Sailhorst

Mana: 

Thank You!!!!....I appreciate the peace!!!!

Posted: Wed May 4th, 2011 01:55 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
23rd Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

I typically don't post in this thread because I really have nothing to add to it. But for some reason today when I saw it as one of the threads with recent activity to it when I hit the CWi homepage just now I had to check it out. The only thing I can really say is that when a particular poster has their screen name in a different color in their posts, then it's probably not wise to try telling them what for. They may be extremely important folks, ie. forum adminstrators. Never wise to tell anyone in a forum what for as it could get you banned (I'm not going to say will, javal, as other forums admins do things differently from you and may give more leeway), but to do so with an administrator is pretty much an assured ticket to banishment city.

Have to wonder if this will be the last of them or if they'll try using a new account.

Posted: Wed May 4th, 2011 05:17 am
   PM  Quote  Reply 
24th Post
javal1
Grumpy Geezer

Mana: 

Hellcat,

LOL, you're quite on the money. But my name being is red is nothing I control. The board does it automatically - admin in red, moderators in orange, etc.

BTW, I admit I'm growing less tolerant of flamers. I'd much rather have 50 members willing to discuss and debate rationally and intellectually than 5000 who just want to start the hornet's nest up. There's a certain tone I want this board to have, and I'll do what I have to to keep it that way.

What folks like our most recent banned member don't realize is that probably 75% of our members are southern sympathizers. It's not that I object to that, in fact I could care less. But there's a "tone" I expect members to keep, and violating that will get someone banned. As far as I'm concerned the war ended 150 years ago. Some folks don't seem to realize that.

Posted: Wed May 4th, 2011 10:22 pm
   PM  Quote  Reply 
25th Post
Hellcat
Root Beer Lover

Mana: 

It seems I always hear folks saying now that it's only the South that doesn't believe that, javal. But I'm not terribly certain myself. Course maybe that's just personal experince.

Current time is 01:06 amPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2640 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 25 queries executed.