View single post by ole
 Posted: Tue Jan 15th, 2008 06:08 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

What is God's Green Earth are y'all talkin about??? I am old, but I hope not that old!

Bama. What we're talking about here is giving the kids what they want instead of what they need. Like whatever the electronic gimcrack is going to substitute for year-round monitoring and kicking arse when required.

I'll take that back. Things change. It's not the same no more. I thought the Dad was a bit hard on us. I can only imagine what his Dad gave him. And I moderated the practice a bit while mine were young. And I disapprove how he gives his. And when his start reproducing, he will also, doubtless, disapprove.

But one of these days, a generation, not necessarily one we'll live to see, will start to swing the pendulum back to where it was. And when it reaches that apex, it will start to swing the other way. Again. And again.

Ours is a very complex society. I look for it to do well, but I fear that it is heading to hell in a handbasket. I haven't that much time left to be overly concerned for myself. But there are a couple of brilliant girls that my son has to worry about. Can't quite get that thought out of my mind.

I feel for the mess we're leaving them.

ole

Close Window