View single post by Fuller
 Posted: Wed Jan 16th, 2008 02:14 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

"I have a problem with teachers getting all the slack"

That was me who said that and it was not the way I meant for it to come out.  From the rest of my post you can see I was trying to say I'm tired of the teachers getting blamed for issues that all start in the home.  How can you pay attention in class if you just saw your dad get hauled off to jail for beating up your mom the night before?

It will be interesting to see what kind of work my kids will bring home in the next couple years.  My oldest is in the 2nd grade so it's mostly the fundamental stuff right now.

Bravo to you Susan for all the work you do with your students and history.  We need more teachers like you.

Every school has their own issues to deal with.  Schools that are high in ESL students are trying to get the basic language skills down.  Top that with high numbers of below poverty households in some areas.  No, I don't envy those teachers.  I'm glad they are there performing community service.  (I wouldn't call it that if they were getting paid adequately)

I am hoping my kids will be involved with lots of history in their public schools.  I say that with a laugh because maybe my idea of "enough" history is off kilter.  I am after all in here every day reading and talking history.

Close Window