View single post by TownOfRidgeland
 Posted: Tue May 13th, 2008 02:03 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
TownOfRidgeland

Mana: 

We appreciate everyone's concern with the preservation of Honey Hill Battlefield.  At the Town of Ridgeland, we have recognized the great historical and cultural significance of this battlefield and the entirety of the Good Hope Plantation.  I assure you that the Town and the plantation are working together in a preservation minded manner. 

We are meeting with the SC Battleground Trust tomorrow (Wednesday, May 14) and with the individual whom we have been told put together Good Hope's application to the National Register of Historic Places.  Hopefully, we can address any additional concerns held by preservationists such as yourself. 

Again, I must reiterate the great sense of conservation that Good Hope brings to the table in Ridgeland.  I can assure you that there will be no "McMansions."  Good Hope is a group that is very preservation minded, and they have been working with the Town in order to preserve all of the appropriate areas of this Plantation.

I would also like to mention that the Honey Hill subdivision shown in the YouTube video is not within the Town of Ridgeland’s limits.  It is in Jasper County.  No development has begun on Good Hope Plantation’s land, and as of right now, none is scheduled to begin.

If you have further concerns, I invite you to call me at (843) 726-7506 or email me at RidgelandPlanning@gmail.com.

Regards,

Matthew Brady

Close Window