View single post by CleburneFan
 Posted: Thu Sep 4th, 2008 01:44 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
CleburneFan

Mana: 

Iron Duke, thank you for that link. What a fascinating thing to see Cleburne's actual pistol and kepi! The kepi, by the way, is far nicer than I would have imagined. I can't describe the feeling of seeing Cleburne's name imprinted on the pistol.

I have printed out the entire story to put in my favorite book about Cleburne. It will be a valuable addition to the book. I wish I could go see this display. Are these items still at Carnton or have they gone elsewhere? My printed version did not show the pistol and kepi in such sharp detail as luck would have it.

By the way what an excellent web site that is! I have marked it as a favorite place.

Maybe I could persuade Hubby to go on a fall tour of the Nashville area, a place we enjoyed so much when we lived there and like fools never once looked into the incredible history. Oh well, it was a very different time of our lives. Now I really want to return with "new eyes" and visit Franklin, Carnton, Carter House, and then Stone's River in Murfreesboro...maybe even venture over to SHiloh. Hubby is just not as interested in history as I am, but he does love Nashville in the fall and spring. 

Close Window