View single post by ole
 Posted: Sat Sep 6th, 2008 03:21 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
ole

Mana: 

At the risk of seeming to pile on, 44th Va Infantry, you are required to back up the statement that there were only three freedmen taken during the Pennsylvania Campaign.

Given that you are young and wonderfully enthusiastic about all of our favorite subject, you get a pass. But if you choose to continue in any discussion group, you will be asked, again and again, to provide backup for what you say.

In all accounts I've ever read, I've seen no exact number of blacks -- freedmen or escaped slaves -- taken from their homes in Pennsylvania, but I'm convinced that there were a great deal more than three.

Keep on trucking, pard. I don't think I'm out of line in saying that our community is always glad to have young men and women take an interest in the USCW. (Usually we whine and cry about not getting the youngers to join in.) Having said that, most of us are here to learn something we didn't know. So if there were only three freedmen sent south, it's something I didn't know and would very much like to read for myself who said that and where.

ole

Close Window