View single post by Captain Crow
 Posted: Sat Sep 20th, 2008 12:17 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Captain Crow
Proud Southerner

Mana: 

susansweet wrote: Tim that is the Church.  We drove all over the cemetery although my friend's car bottomed out several times.   We visted the different graves .  I have trouble walking so we didn't do as much walking around as I would have liked.  We didn't get into the Church.  I am hoping another trip will allow me to do that as I hear there are Tiffany windows in the church. 

I love the town of Petersburg.  The first time I visited I spend some time in the old town .  I also went out to City Point and was lucky enough to visit with a woman and a young man who was portraying a house slave .  I was the only one out there for their presentation so had the chance to ask all kinds of questions.  The young man was a college student studying preservation .  His goal was to buy an old platation , restore it and live in it.  I wished him luck.  He was so valuable to talk to .  He has whole sections of the diary of the owner of the plantation there memorized.  a diary that is not published.  This young man really knew what was going on during the siege .  I feel lucky to have met him.

I should have had your map though Tim I got lost so many times on that trip .

Susan
Some pics of Blandford Cemetary. click on the image below to view.

Close Window