back to top
|The 1-acre site is just south of the Lotz House, which is opening to the public once again on Oct. 30, 2008. It is a drastically undertold story, especially considering the fighting on that side of Columbia Pike is every bit as severe as what occurs in the Carter yard area. Franklin's Charge intends to rebuild both the section of Federal earthworths which ran thru this 1-acre site and the Carter cotton gin. Our goal is to have everything complete by the time of the 150th anniversary.
Thank goodness the Country Club adjacent to the Confederate Cemetery at Carnton has been closed for three years. No more screaming kids or people playing tennis and golf. The City of Franklin has just begun work on the old Country Club to convert it into a Battlefield Park. They are working on rebuilding the historic creekbeds thru the property and will soon begin work on the restoring the 110-acres to its 1864 appearence.