View single post by Old Blu
 Posted: Tue Sep 30th, 2008 03:52 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Old Blu

Mana: 

The question was 'Who really won the battle of Shiloh'.  The book I am now working on states that historians are reexamining new sources to see who actually did win.  I thought all along that the yankees won also.  But there appears to be some doubt my some new work.  That is what I am basing my question on. 

I want to say also, there are some new ambitious young folks that are wotking their tails off getting into this Civil war business and scratching through years of records.  There is going to be different thoughts and the information to go with what really happened during the Civil War.

I was on a tour this past summer on the Gettysburg retreat and discovered these young folks.

Let me post some of those young Authors.

Christopher S. Stowe
Associate Professor, US Army Command and General Staff College
Fort Lee, Virginia
Major General George G. Meade

Christopher is writing a book about General Meade.  He has already spent 10 years so far.

Mark A. Snell
Associate Professor, Shepherd University, and Director,
George Tyler Moore Center for the Study of the Civil War
Shepherd University, Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Union Logistics

Nicholas Redding
Shepherd University graduate, seasonal ranger at Gettysburg
National Military Park, and grant writer with the Civil War
Preservation Trust, Shepherdstown, West Virginia

Some of you may have already met these folks and rest assured there will be untold history on the horizon.

Nicholas does a great job as a guide.  He is a very young fellow and extremely smart.

All of these new articles I read I post some of the main points to see results just for the fun of it. 

There are new ideas coming about the Civil war and I am looking forward to reading them.

http://www.shepherd.edu/gtmcweb/seminars.html

Close Window