View single post by pamc153PA
 Posted: Sun Feb 1st, 2009 07:38 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
pamc153PA

Mana: 

After reading American Brutus, and re-reading Nothing But Victory, I took a brief breather from the CW, and am now reading Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. I was on a Picoult streak a couple years ago, and read about five of hers in a row, starting with Keeping Faith, which took place in the Lancaster PA Amish community. Picoult does an excellent job of telling a story from multiple viewpoints, IMHO, and creates characters that are easy to visualize. Her plot lines are usually really believable, though the initial premise might not be. For example, in Change of Heart, a man who killed a woman's husband and daughter 11 years before and was given the dealth penalty for the crime has decided he wants to donate his heart to the woman's other daughter, who was not yet born when her husband was killed. There are all kinds of twists, moral and legal, and it's hard to put the book down, which has happened to me with all Picoult's books.

After this, I think I'll go back to that TOWERING stack of CW books I have yet to read, and maybe choose one from the bottom. . .

By the way, nice bump for the thread I started way back when, kj!

Pam

Close Window