View single post by Dixie Girl
 Posted: Tue Feb 24th, 2009 12:48 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Dixie Girl
Southern Belle

Mana: 

Devils Den wrote: Dixie Girl,

Thanks for the fantastic dish!

Loved it-BUT-ate way too much, I may have to make your items in single serving sizes, they are hard to put down once you start eating.

How do you do your cooblers?  I will be trying all the things you post!

Devils Den

you are very much welcome DD!!! im glad u liked it.

i have several peach cobbler recipes for you to choose from. all are good but i like the last one the best

1 cup butter
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 1/2 cup water
2-13 oz can of sliced peaches in heavy syrupMelt butter. Mix all ingredients together except for peaches. Pour into 13x9x2 inch dish. Pour peaches over batter. Do not stir.Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees, or until golden brown.

1 stick butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 can (30oz) sliced peaches in corn syrup
1 tbs cinnamonPreheat oven to 350F. Melt butter in 9x13 casserole dish. Separate half cup sugar and all cinnamon; and separate out the peaches from the corn syrup.Mix 1 cup sugar and the other dry ingredients together in a bowl.
Stir in milk and corn syrup from peaches. Put peaches in casserole dish with melted butter. Pour batter over the top of the peaches. Mix cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar; sprinkle over top of mixture.
Bake at 350 45 min for 1hr or until top crust is golden brown.

1/4 lb. melted butter
1 c. white flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 c. milk
1 tbsp. cinnamon
10 med. peaches (sliced in 1/8ths)Combine flour, sugar, baking powder into mixing bowl. Mix dry ingredients with wire whip. Add 1 cup milk and mix thoroughly. Pour melted butter in 2 1/2 inch pan. Pour batter in the same pan. Layer sliced peaches covering entire batter. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the cobbler. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.Makes 8 to 10 servings.

Last edited on Tue Feb 24th, 2009 11:14 pm by Dixie Girl