View single post by cklarson
 Posted: Wed May 13th, 2009 03:59 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
cklarson

Mana: 

Dear Cleburne et al.

You'll be pleased to know that a documentary on Velazquez, "Rebel" will hopefully be featured on PBS in the fall. It's been a long time coming as the producer had a hard time raising funds, quel surprise.

I just found Annie Etheridge Hooks's gravesite the other night, a double marker with her husband, in Arlington Cemetery. See http://www.findagrave.com. One day when I have the time and energy, I'd like to begin a campaign to award her the Medal of Honor. She was in 26 battles with the Army of the Potomac, on the field most of the time, as basically a battlefield medic.

See my "Springing to the Call" website, go to Documents and see my transcription of Mary Ann Pitman's deposition given to a US provost marshal. But what I left out was the questioning at the end where she discusses Nathan Bedford Forrest and makes an offer to help capture him. Go to the ORA cited, it's online via Cornell Univ.

The saddest case I know of is from the Chicago Tribune--a reporter found a 13 year old drummer girl wounded in the hospital. She enlisted with her 3 brothers, as their parents had died. By the time she was wounded all of her brothers had been killed.

CKL

Close Window