View single post by Maverick
 Posted: Thu Sep 17th, 2009 11:59 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Maverick
45th Alabama Inf., Co. F

Mana: 

Hi Old Sorrel ! Good to see you here my friend ! :D

Sure....I'll bring the homemade wine and some homemade whiskey too ! We'll toast to the brave deeds of Nathan Bedford Forrest and the Park and school named in his honor.

That is one thing among many that I, a southerner, admire about you, Old Sorrel. You being a northerner with a pro-Union stance, feel the same way as I do about the current PC regrading the ACW and the deeds of CS participants. It's all a bunch of modern media hoopla used to promote a modern agenda against the Confederacy and the modern South. Forrest was at war, and war meant killing, capturing or destroying the enemy.

No one mentioned the various reports of the civilian population against the actions of the garrisoned USCT at Fort Pillow. You usually (only) hear about the execution of negro soldiers after they surrendered: and the 'savagery' of Confederate troops under Forrest. The civilians around the Fort reported violations from the USCT to Forrest and his command before they arrived at the place. 

But I tread beyond the focus of the thread. I would have zero problem with sending my children to a school named after N.B. Forrest nor feasting in a Park named in his honor.