View single post by jes
 Posted: Wed May 19th, 2010 06:02 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
jes

Mana: 

Hi everyone. I just registered to ask you all a question about the types of journals/magazines that those who are interested in the CW read. I'm interested primarily in print journals, but I know a lot of good scholarship happens online these days as well.

I ask because I recently took a course about CW history, and wrote an article that, with some tweaking, I'd like to submit for publication. As an academic, I'd like to try having it published by a scholarly/peer-reviewed publication, but this is not my area of expertise! I'm hoping some of you might be able to help guide me toward the right sort of publications and/or give me some advice.

I know that there are other ways of finding out this information (online searching, library research), and I'm undertaking those, as well, but again, anecdotal info is sometimes the most helpful.

My research is centered on newspaper reporting during the CW. It's straight history, with some archival research, and not much theory--intentionally!

Any recommendations? And, of course, if you tend to find CW-related research outside of specifically CW journals, please let me know. That might be a better angle for me to pursue.

I would appreciate any wisdom you can share.

best

Jennifer

Close Window