View single post by Savez
 Posted: Wed Feb 22nd, 2012 04:02 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Savez
$user_title

Mana: 

I have all the microfilm on every soldier in the regiment. I've received copies of a few letters from some ancestors. There is a diary by the Colonel John W. Inzer but it has many gaps in it. I have copies of every time they are mentioned in the ORs. I have a recollection by one of its members (probably one of the most informative things I have read). I have a picture of the flag issued in 1864 but I can't find anything on what they might have used prior to then. I have no idea what kind of flag they had at Chickamauga and Lookout Mountain or what they flew while they were the 9th Battalion. I have a few other bits and pieces of letters from soldiers from sister regiments also. I have a couple of articles about them from Confederate Veteran and several letters and things written after the war that I found in the State Archives. I just recently saw where Emory university has 22 letters from three soldiers that served in the 58th. Can't wait to get to see them!! I'm probably forgetting something but I always seem to want more. The more info I find the more I want and more questions seem to arise.

Last edited on Wed Feb 22nd, 2012 04:02 pm by

Close Window