View single post by Texas Defender
 Posted: Wed Jan 30th, 2013 04:27 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Texas Defender

Mana: 

Since Jubal Early and: "Lost Cause" philosophy have once again been mentioned on this board, we might as well bring this Jubal Early thread back for another round.

I'm not sure that those considered to be: "Pro-south" on this forum would be happy with the implication that they were admirers of General Early or advocates of: "Lost Cause Mythology."

I do believe that military defeat was inevitable for the CSA if the northern people were willing to fight long enough to exhaust southern resources. I do believe that secession was a Constitutional right that was an option available to the southerners in 1860 and 1861.

On the other hand, I do not believe that CSA officers and soldiers were more: "Noble" than their northern counterparts. I do not believe that the southerners lost due to a : "Betrayal" of the cause by certain CSA officers. And I certainly do NOT believe that slavery was a benign institution.

I am certain that personally I would not have liked General Early. I have no doubt that at West Point he gave Lewis Armistead great provocation, which led to Armistead breaking a dinner plate over Early's head.

Lewis Armistead

Last edited on Wed Jan 30th, 2013 04:36 pm by Texas Defender

Close Window