View single post by Mark
 Posted: Sun Feb 10th, 2013 11:58 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Mark

Mana: 

I'm not sure if I believe this one entirely (although it does fit the personality of the man involved) and I for the life of me I can't remember where I heard it from, but...

In the antebellum frontier army officers were hard to come by at times. Thus it was Captain Braxton Bragg found himself both a company commander and filling in as his post's Quartermaster. In in role as Company commander, Bragg filled out a requisition form for a needed piece of equipment and sent it to the Quartermaster department. The next day, in his role as Quartermaster, Bragg carefully reviewed the requisition, denied it and sent it back to Bragg the company commander. Upon receiving the rejection, Bragg (wearing his company commander hat once more) resubmitted the requisition with a letter of protest to the Quartermaster. Quartermaster Bragg then forwarded the whole matter to the post commander who is said to have exclaimed, "My God Mr. Bragg, you've quarreled with the whole army, and now you are quarreling with yourself!"

Like I said, I'm not sure if I believe it, but its a lovely story!

Mark

Last edited on Sun Feb 10th, 2013 12:18 pm by Mark

Close Window