View single post by wondering
 Posted: Tue Mar 25th, 2014 09:22 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
wondering

Mana: 

My eternal detriment: why write memos, quote speeches, list books, crack dictionaries, draft charts, drop names, spin articles, debate buffed Shintoists? I confess my bemusement is still the order and number of cow-pies dropped afield, beyond the commons. 'Tis true everyman deserves line and verse, though some rage in warrens not for lawyers or preachers, much less soldiers and historians. Firebrands find nothing beyond a jerking knee, need not seek, have tintypes and flags, you see?

Deserters be damned and bayonets fixed, this board goes way back, and Defender, aye, maybe dander gets up on occasion but I read between the lines. A lantern you carry on edge of yon dark wood, enviable knowledge, a willingness to share sage contention, without whom grudge or inflammation I am afeared is admiration for President Lincoln, beyond, an indefatigability to keep the 7th alive -- a Saint Crispin of this forum. By my oath so frail, sir, I meant no disrespect, you have my utmost.

Any sailor worth his salt a line sooner or later tows, though inevitably each must for himself deem which breeze is fair, what course true. I confess I am rebellious, marooned with cause, quick to distill and smoke atop a castaway's works, no glad-hand or backslap for this speech. Shall one drink the hemlock? Nay sir, as Lincoln, ride her to the hilt? Or Hamlet even, take ye arms against that sea of troubles, and by opposing end them?

As I profer naught ere satisfaction, given pistols at dawn, I throw my fire, have faith you cannot begrudge a glass raised to the 16th President of the United States, nor sanction my censure for a shot at his critics. I gamble you too much patriot, aye, constitutionalist, knowing full well liberty is cornerstone and bedrock of the charter, still worth defending. Many a sound bet have I lost, good sir, yet as always remain humbly at your service.

no·va
noun
Astronomy
a star that suddenly becomes thousands of times brighter and then gradually fades to its original intensity.
Origin:
1680–90; Neo-Latin: noun use of feminine of Latin novus
Related forms
1. also called Nova Salmon. a Pacific salmon cured in the style of Nova Scotia salmon.
2. ( lowercase ) (loosely) any smoked salmon.

Close Window