View single post by Fuller
 Posted: Wed Jan 10th, 2007 07:12 pm
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
Fuller
E Pluribus Unum

Mana: 

Great topic.  I like to look at member's profiles here at this site.  Some put down their favorite General and Battlefield.  I'm always curious as to why those are their favorites.  This is a good place to answer that.

My favorite is McPherson.  He was young and he died during the war.  I like to learn about the relationship he had with Sherman.  He was a good friend to him.  Sherman was devestated when he learned he had been killed.  He realized a great leader had been killed.

My favorite battle to research is Vicksburg.  I had the opportunity to visit when I was a young 13 year old.  I visited on a day when the park was quite empty.  I'll never forget the feeling I had here.  It was an amazing experience.  I love learning about this battle because the seige lasted for so long.  The citizens were greatly involved.  Citizens are always involved in war but at Vicksburg it's amazing what they went through.  Hearing personal accounts is a great interest.  From the citizen's point of view as well as the soldiers.

Fuller

Close Window