View single post by susansweet
 Posted: Wed Mar 7th, 2007 05:05 am
 PM  Quote  Reply  Full Topic 
susansweet

Mana: 

I did not expect when I went to the Alamo to be as moved as I was . There it is in the middle of downtown surounded .  I found a quiet corner of the garden and called my brother in Boston.  He had been stationed in San Antonio in the Air Force years ago.  I asked him if he had been there and how he had felt seeing it . It was a great conversation sharing my experience and comparing it with his . We both had been moved .  Was such a neat thing as I was by myself to share this experience long distance with one of my favorite people, my brother. 

I went from there to Houston and out to San Jacinto Monument and battleground.  There I was lucky enough to get on a ferry to go over to the area in the spot where the settlers had evacuated ahead of Santa Ana.  Because of my California plates I attracted attention so the guys working on the ferry came over and told gave me a guided tour as we crossed on the Ferry.   Then the battlefield .  Great experience Texas was.  Will remember the Alamo !!!!

Close Window